ORU vs. NDSU Semi Final

theeagleman5

Yeah....no way our game thread gets started by a Bison Fan....not happening and frankly the other one should be locked/deleted....ORU is a surprising 1 point favorite tonight with an O/U of 150.5.....ESPN lists the Golden Eagles as a 59% favorite to win.....can't say TheEagleman agrees with that but this game should be a good one.....a real good one......GO BLUE!!  :circle-logoi:

• Haha 1

Hopefully the refs call an unbiased and thorough game gonna b a physical one!

If NDSU beats the Eagles for the third time this season then they just too good but not so fast my friend! Coach Mills has been preparing this team for March all year long. Rocky vs Big Maple should be worth the price of admission tonight! Go Eagles

Should be a very entertaining DH tonight with SD/SDSU in Game 1 and ORU/NDSU in Game 2....certainly worth the price of admission and just a shame that ESPN isn't airing both contests on National TV......this is what March Madness is all about, my friends....TheEagleman is still reviewing lots of analytical data and will have his prediction later this afternoon.....:NDSU:  vs. :shield-logo:

• Like 1

It's strange....TheEagleman went 3 for 4 betting the Summit Quarterfinals.....and the only game I lost was on the team I should know best....I had WIU +5.5 over ORU.....not even close.....and honestly i have no clue tonight....I kind of think ORU is due to beat the Bison but who knows on a neutral court and probably many more NDSU fans will be in the crowd....perhaps SDSU/USD fans will be rooting for the Golden Eagles?....TheEagleman hasn't dialed in on ORU all season.....so many ups and downs.....NDSU now a 1 point favorite and SDSU is a 9 point fave.... thinking i might like both of the underdogs......😬

We will have to play a solid game to win and get help from our bench. Hopefully Eli shows up BIG and our outside shooting is on! We are due to beat NDSU! ORU 85- NDSU 82

This would be win number 20 for the season and the first time since 12-13 season that the Golden Eagles have won that many games

39 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

It's strange....TheEagleman went 3 for 4 betting the Summit Quarterfinals.....and the only game I lost was on the team I should know best....I had WIU +5.5 over ORU.....not even close.....and honestly i have no clue tonight....I kind of think ORU is due to beat the Bison but who knows on a neutral court and probably many more NDSU fans will be in the crowd....perhaps SDSU/USD fans will be rooting for the Golden Eagles?....TheEagleman hasn't dialed in on ORU all season.....so many ups and downs.....NDSU now a 1 point favorite and SDSU is a 9 point fave.... thinking i might like both of the underdogs......😬

I think you called last night (basically) correctly. Game was far far closer than the final scored indicated. I think betting both underdogs is an easy win tonight. 

16 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

This would be win number 20 for the season and the first time since 12-13 season that the Golden Eagles have won that many games

I just looked this up this morning as well. 20 wins is an important mark of a "succesful" season. It'll happen tonight.

3 hours ago, jmg1984 said:

Hopefully the refs call an unbiased and thorough game gonna b a physical one!

Everyone, including the league office agrees with you jmg1984 that this will be a physical game. Because of the recent incident between us and the Bison this game will be called very close, especially early- the refs will want to set the tone and let everybody know its not going be allowed to get too physical. We don't want to settle for 3's, we want to attack and force the refs to make the calls and get to the FT line, Defensively, we know they want to post up, back us down and when they do shoot 3's it will be off passes from the inside out, so lets help in the post force them to get the ball out of the lane against us (cant leave our guys alone in the post- we've seen how that goes) and close out on the shooters without fouling. Offensively, we want to attack the basket off the dribble- Max and McBride should come out and use their quickness early and take the ball into the lane and draw fouls, post up Eli and any other mismatch we get (Carlos has really been effective the last few games posting up smaller defenders) and get all over the offensive glass- Eli has been so effective rebounding for us and just killing teams on the offensive boards!!!, we know the refs are going to call quick whistles particularly early so lets use that to our advantage, attack early and it will open up our 3's as the game progress's, last nights game was the perfect blueprint for how we can advance to the conference finals!!

Go Eagles!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Gotta make shots, play defense and grab rebounds… and make your free throws - if we get any. Keep focused on the game plan and stay tough mentally. The crowd will be against us, but we have (surprisingly) played pretty well on the road this season. 

• Upvote 2

Another thought both teams have their own motivations to win tonite, NDSU getting the win after losing a close one last yr vs ORU defending our championship.Whoever brings the fire better will take it!💪♥️🔥

TheEagleman thinks that ORU and NDSU are fairly evenly matched....i respect that the Bison have won both 2022 contests and beat us soundly in Fargo last month......but i gotta believe that the Good Guys have to be strongly motivated by the NDSU mini brawl at the end of the game and that just could be the difference here....expecting a very close game....Lufile needs to stay out of foul trouble and do some damage inside....Max MUST be on his game and hit for close to 30 or more....if not, we won't be on ESPN2 in the Final on Tuesday......this should be a loud crazy crowd and surely many of the USD and SDSU fans will hang around for the nightcap.....that should also be a great game but looking for the Jacks to prevail 94-84.....and ORU pulls it out over the Bison 87-85 in Game 2....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

Game 1 a big win for TheEagleman. Game 2 not gonna be as easy...GO BLUE!!🏀

Can't coach length on the perimeter. 😕

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, vcboy2000 said:

Can't coach length on the perimeter. 😕

ORU is just too small at every position.

The biggest disappointments this season were seeing the small 3-guard lineup way too often and no development from bigs other than Lufile. Opponents just get the ball on the block and it's an automatic two points.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1