Schedule 22-23

Keenan Henderson

3 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Unprecedented. 

Classes have already started, for crying out loud.  How are schools, athletic departments, campus organizations, alumni, sponsors, parents of students and athletes, etc. supposed to plan anything around November and December games?

Exactly! We need answers and we need them now! (Sound just a little impatient, don't I?)

• Haha 1

If it is any consolation pretty much most things are unprecedented in society today , ie. buying a new car(specifically the exact one you want), getting a car title(paper shortage), not being able to purchase items regularly at the store that only a year or two ago were commonplace, the list goes on. Being an impatient person when it comes to getting things done quickly, this change in society has been difficult but is forcing me to become more patient. My prediction moving forward is we will seeing many more unprecedented changes in society , including many aspects of sports.  The sports world will not be exempt from these changes.

956616260_TulsaForum8_22-01.thumb.jpg.c3ffb1c705e3cd3802908832a5ce56d1.jpg

Couple of takeaways from this thread re: scheduling on the TU message board:

1.  The Hurlicane too are having issues finalizing their non-conference schedule, according to their new head coach.  Opponents backing out of agreements in the 11th hour is a national affliction.

2.  In response to the last dig at ORU:  you also don't see SMU, Rice, and Texas with 9-8 records in their last 17 meetings vs. North Texas, Houston Baptist, and St. Edward's respectively.  #smh 

• Upvote 3

TU stinks......Maybe ORU should just refuse to play them anymore..........who needs them anyway?......... 😎:shield-logo:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I would personally rather play a decent mid major than TU (the 8th or 9th best team in their league) but with proximity and changing scheduling dynamics it looks like the series will stick around.

My mistake... TU was the 10th best team in their conference last season.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

My mistake... TU was the 10th best team in their conference last season.

Doc, that's probably the best clarification ever posted on this board!!

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Couple of takeaways from this thread re: scheduling on the TU message board:

1.  The Hurlicane too are having issues finalizing their non-conference schedule, according to their new head coach.  Opponents backing out of agreements in the 11th hour is a national affliction.

2.  In response to the last dig at ORU:  you also don't see SMU, Rice, and Texas with 9-8 records in their last 17 meetings vs. North Texas, Houston Baptist, and St. Edward's respectively.  #smh 

Rice played Houston Baptist:

And UNT is a much better program over the last 5 years than SMU. Not even close really.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, titansforever said:

BREAKING NEWS: We're playing John Brown U. at Homecoming! It's listed as an exhibition game.

https://jbuathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

Schools such as JBU categorize games vs. D1 schools as exhibitions (so the almost-guaranteed loss doesn't show on their record), while ORU will deem it a regular-season game in the ongoing quest for the recently-elusive 20-win season.

Just horrible.....brutal.....Image result for kramer seinfeld photos

My local alum friends are going to be BEGGING me for tickets to this one. Love it. Excellent Homecoming game!

No surpise, everyone knew it was coming.  When was the last time ORU did not play a non D1 team for homecoming?  Without looking, I think we played Tulsa for homecoming in 2014, which may have been about the last time.

Took a quick look at the last ten years of scheduling and found that the Eagles have had three D1 teams in that time period and seven non D1 teams for homecoming.  So, the chances are that ORU will usually play an exhibition game for homecoming (70 percent).

16 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

So, the chances are that ORU will usually play an exhibition game for homecoming (70 percent).

Not the case (see my previous post).

Ok, should have said non D1 team is a 70% percent chance of scheduling for homecoming.

• Upvote 1

John Brown???...A total lack of respect for Alumni which is what happens when there are 0 ORU Alums running the University and athletic program.... Boooooooooo!!!!🤮

• Like 2

Everybody finished?

Look, here's the deal:  exactly how many schools do you think are sitting out there at this late date, aching to play a road game at a pretty decent mid-major on Friday, Nov. 12th this season?

Let's face it; it's a pretty narrow set of goal posts to have to kick this ball through. 

It's why most schools (if they even have a basketball homecoming game) schedule it in February when they can count on a typically more attractive conference foe.

Considering the hand dealt to men's basketball by the-powers-that-be on the hill re: the date, we're lucky to not have to settle on Youngblood vs. Fred Creek All-Stars in a shirts-and-skins game.

GIF by GQ

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3