Schedule 22-23

Keenan Henderson

This is shaping up as the best ORU home schedule in several years.....and the away slate is outstanding...lots of really good games where the Good Guys actually have a chance to win or at least be competitive.....hopefully the finalized schedule is released in the next 10 days or so.....can't wait!!  GO BLUE!!! :circle-logoi:

• Upvote 1

I agree Eagleman! At the rate things are going it wouldn't be surprising to see a couple more good things go our way as the schedule becomes finalized.

Oral Roberts- University Hat Fashion Adult Net Cap Baseball Cap, Adjustable Trucker Hat White....new unauthorized ORU hat just picked up by TheEagleman and wearing it proudly....😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Where did you get the hat?  Looks like it has the old mascot on it.

1 hour ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Where did you get the hat?  Looks like it has the old mascot on it.

What's weird is, i don't remember that ever being an official ORU logo but is very similar to the Morehead State logo.  I like it though.  Good lookin' hat, Eagleman!  That's a mean looking Eagle!

Morehead State University Track and Field and Cross Country - Morehead,  Kentucky | Morehead state university, Morehead, University of kentucky

I picked this baby up on Amazon for $10 and free shipping....not an authorized version and came from somewhere in China.....took about a month to arrive but what the heck....i loved the nasty looking Eagle.....it's not that goofy bird ORU used to have.....😎

5 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

This is shaping up as the best ORU home schedule in several years.....and the away slate is outstanding...lots of really good games where the Good Guys actually have a chance to win or at least be competitive.....hopefully the finalized schedule is released in the next 10 days or so.....can't wait!!  GO BLUE!!! :circle-logoi:

Last year, the nonconference schedule was released on August 26. So if this year is similar to last, we have about 8 days to wait. Impatiently wait. On-pins-and-needles wait. 

37 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

I picked this baby up on Amazon for $10 and free shipping....not an authorized version and came from somewhere in China.....took about a month to arrive but what the heck....i loved the nasty looking Eagle.....it's not that goofy bird ORU used to have.....😎

Agree.  The old Eli was a bit cartoonish for me too...Always reminded me of Foghorn Leghorn's little Chickenhawk buddy.

image.jpeg.f6c17945424fb41559e00064b73ef861.jpeg

• Haha 1

I say I say I think you're right......TheEagleman always loved Foghorn Leghorn as a kid.....he's right there with  Wile E. Coyote and the Tazmanian Devil as some of the best cartoon characters of my early years.....oh....and can't forget Dick Dastardly....😎

• Like 1

UT-Arlington is slowly but surely adding non-conference games to their website; nothing about ORU yet.

https://utamavs.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2022-23

Looking forward to making the trip down to see No. 1 Son for this one, and hanging with Mark Sterns, Gary D'Onofrio, and the rest of the ORU metroplex alumni.

• Like 2

There are some cool sweaters out their for ORU merchandise on the ORU website but could not download any of them.  One is a christmas sweater.  If you get a chance, then check them out.

Oru sweaater.jpg

Deep-dive into the ASUN, featuring ORU home opponents Liberty (picked No. 1 in the league) and Central Arkansas (projected cellar dweller).

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 3:38 PM, titansforever said:

Last year, the nonconference schedule was released on August 26. So if this year is similar to last, we have about 8 days to wait. Impatiently wait. On-pins-and-needles wait. 

Very strange that so many schools have not yet announced their non-conference schedules:  OSU, TU, Wichita State, Texas-Arlington, majority of the Summit League, etc. 

Not going to surprise me at this point if it's something like October 1st before all the pieces fall into place for everyone.

Washington State is ranked 78 in the top 144 Sports Madness poll.  Looks like they lost their top 4 scorers from last year but gained a couple of transfers and freshman.  Interesting note: Dennis Rodman's son plays for the Cougars and averaged about 4 points and 4 rebounds last season.  Not quite as good as his dad😇!

Hearing rumblings that the non-conference schedule is still very much in flux and hardly anything that's been reported outside of official ORU channels is finalized yet. 

Season 4 What GIF by The Office

• Like 1

I read somewhere that only 110 teams out of +350 have released their basketball schedules. That must mean everyone is scrambling to assemble games. Several coaches (including Sampson at Houston) have mentioned that putting together a schedule this year has been chaotic. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ORUTerry said:

I read somewhere that only 110 teams out of +350 have released their basketball schedules. That must mean everyone is scrambling to assemble games. Several coaches (including Sampson at Houston) have mentioned that putting together a schedule this year has been chaotic. 

Unprecedented. 

Classes have already started, for crying out loud.  How are schools, athletic departments, campus organizations, alumni, sponsors, parents of students and athletes, etc. supposed to plan anything around November and December games?