2 minutes ago, Ting said:

With the way NiL works now, can the GEC raise money to sponsor him somehow 

No

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Missed an uncontested lay-up for the tag line on this photo:

MAX’S BACK

• Upvote 1

It shows maturity from Max to come back and finish his degree at ORU.  If he turned pro this year and then played some overseas or in the G league, then probably by the time Max is 28–30 years old then his career is over.  Then what?  He still would have to go back to school and finish up his degree.  Basketball is not a life career, it's just short term.

Image result for cosmo kramer photosTheEagleman is very pleased that Max is coming back for his Senior year.....totally agree he's a ORU HOFer and #3 should be retired and placed in the rafters.....👍

• Like 1

Max has a legit shot at finishing 3rd or 4th on the all time ORU scoring list.

Also, what are the chances that the starting backcourt of McBride and Abmas both average over 20 pts a game?

It's gonna be a fun season......can we just fast-forward the next few months

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

I am so impressed with how loyal Max has been to ORU. He could have easily transferred last season or this year. I have been told that numerous schools contacted him (great ethics) about moving. While I would have been devastated, I would have understood given the increased exposure and money he could have collected. He has now cemented himself among (atop?) the ORU greats. 

He is probably passing up on anywhere from $200k to $300K xtra for just 1 year of transferring to a school in the Big 12 or the like. Not sure what he is making at ORU but i doubt it is that. 

Very impressive young man and he will do well no matter what he chooses in the future. You don't really see that amount of loyalty from these type of players anymore. 

Congrats to ORU and next year should be exciting!:)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Trying to diagram the sentence that includes "has may literally be" in it.

• Haha 1

Great news that Max is back.  Truly a special person along with a special player.  I look forward to seeing him in Arlington next season.

By the way, now I understand why no one is posting in the baseball forum 🤣

Maybe we should change the name of this topic to "Max is staying!"

Hope that Max gets all the attention and praise he deserves , and he can direct it towards the greater good of spreading the gospel through his story. And of course, let’s just win baby!

1 hour ago, titansforever said:

Maybe we should change the name of this topic to "Max is staying!"

Yes!!!!

With Max coming back we are truly loaded! As long as we have good unity and synergy we will be a tough out for most teams and really should make a nice run in the NCAA tournament. As always staying humble, keeping egos in check and out working our opponent will be a key to our success. Hard to remember a time we had this much talent and depth. Remember old timers I have only been around ORU since 1985! Didn't get to see the great teams in the 70's unfortunately!