Transfers

Keenan Henderson

Couple of quotes of interest from Pauly the Portal Prince in an otherwise boilerplate Tulsa World artcle re: the two new transfers:

ORU coach Paul Mills said the Golden Eagles needed help defensively.

"And both of these guys are elite at their individual package at what they do on that end of the court," Mills said. “Demari (Williams) can guard multiple positions, one through four, defensively, and Connor (Vanover) can really rim protect."

---

ORU is at 12* scholarship players headed into next season.

“And we’ll get 13 here soon,” Mills said.

*To paraphrase Granville Oral:  "WHO IS THAT TWELFTH MAN??"  I don't think it's Francis...lol  😎

• Like 1

Kuddos for the Oral Roberts (sort of) quote/paraphrase

Original:  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Old Titan said:

"WHO IS THAT TWELFTH MAN??"  

But, seriously, aren't the "twelve on scholarship" that Coach Mills refers to:

Max

Issac

Trey

Cam

DJ

Carlos

Kareem

Demari

Connor

Sir Issac

Patrick

Eli

Which leads to the bigger question - who is that THIRTEENTH man???

9 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

good luck w/that

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Waiting for ORUTerry to break the news, he’s our resident WOJespn 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ORUalum said:

good luck w/that

The toothpaste is out of the tube....

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

The toothpaste is out of the tube....

True - no stopping it now. But they can at least stop the weirdly public compensation demands. After only one year of NIL, things are already far worse than the NBA free agency market. At least the NBA enforces their tampering rules and players are locked in for several years at a time. 

Let's keep all the shenanigans under the table so the STUDENT-athlete illusion is still there for us fans.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

But, seriously, aren't the "twelve on scholarship" that Coach Mills refers to:

Max

Issac

Trey

Cam

DJ

Carlos

Kareem

Demari

Connor

Sir Issac

Patrick

Eli

I was referring to the latest roster listed a little earlier in the thread, which showed 11 currently on scholarship, with one walk-on, but no Max yet.

The current twelfth scholarship player that Coach Mills alluded to is presumably Francis or Max; I'm saying I bet it ain't Francis (meaning, "it's Max").

Looking forward to confirming who BOTH the 12th and 13th "men" are!

I spoke with Francis Lacis at graduation and he was definitely going back to Europe to play basketball there.

• Like 1

TheEagleman was in the audience for that Fourth Man Sermon shown above almost 50 years ago......i was sitting not far behind Evelyn shown up front.....😎

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Now that the transfer portal is pretty much closed, it feels good that none of the core members of the team transferred.  Whatever Max decides, Coach Mills has done a good job of bringing back the main guys from last year: Lufile, Weaver, McBride, Jurgens, and Thompson.  That is a starting five that could be strong and then add bench players: Trey, Sir Isaac, Patrick, and Connor and ORU has a bright future next year.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 1:37 PM, Keenan Henderson said:

Now that the transfer portal is pretty much closed, it feels good that none of the core members of the team transferred.  Whatever Max decides, Coach Mills has done a good job of bringing back the main guys from last year: Lufile, Weaver, McBride, Jurgens, and Thompson.  That is a starting five that could be strong and then add bench players: Trey, Sir Isaac, Patrick, and Connor and ORU has a bright future next year.

I agree. Although it's sad to lose players who didn't get a chance to contribute this past year, I'm so glad we have these guys coming back. Fingers crossed that Max is here, but ultimately, I hope he achieves his dream. He deserves the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like UMKC signed a giant of their own. 7'2 Sidy Diallo out of Senegal. He's even thinner then Connor at 200 lbs and is likely pretty raw. Hopefully we can see them guard each other in the battle of the "thin" towers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Looks like UMKC signed a giant of their own. 7'2 Sidy Diallo out of Senegal. He's even thinner then Connor at 200 lbs and is likely pretty raw. Hopefully we can see them guard each other in the battle of the "thin" towers.

There's going to be some size on Summit rosters this upcoming season.