NCAA Round of 32: #15 ORU vs. #7 Florida

Old Titan

2 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Hey guys! OUR FIRST SWEET 16 EVER! 😆

I guess we were lighting cbs up on Twitter hence the repeated clarifications. 

Chicken Mocking GIF by swerk

yOu cAN'T wIN aT ORU... TaTToOs and rECruitING reSTRIctions

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Eagleman this you????

I hope it was! 😆

7 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

When Florida started slowing down on offense that really hurt them at the end.  Go Eagles

With about three minutes to go I turned to my oldest son and said “I’m not saying for sure that we are going to win but if we do one of the reasons will be that Florida is playing not to lose.”  

I think they were afraid of what Max and Kevin could do with too many possessions. 

Don’t get me wrong, we beat them they didn’t give it away but I think they made a huge strategic error. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Otis 83 said:

With about three minutes to go I turned to my oldest son and said “I’m not saying for sure that we are going to win but if we do one of the reasons will be that Florida is playing not to lose.”  

I think they were afraid of what Max and Kevin could do with too many possessions. 

Don’t get me wrong, we beat them they didn’t give it away but I think they made a huge strategic error. 

Florida's coach also made a huge error using their final timeout with several minutes left. What was he thinking?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SpaceManSpiff said:

Florida's coach also made a huge error using their final timeout with several minutes left. What was he thinking?

What was he thinking?  Holy crap these guys are good. 

We got in their heads just like we did to the Buckeyes. These power 5 schools panic when they are pushed by a mid major late in a game. 

How about Mills realizing the Florida player on the court was a poor free throw shooter and intentionally fooling him?

I just love how confident the coaches and the team are. No panic. Always calm. Weather the tough in and out shots. Really impressive. 

• Upvote 2

way to go!!!  Eagleman. i made money off ORU!!

wow. so proud of you, i almost had tears in my beer!!!

NDSU fans goin wild for you!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We will be talking about this for years to come.  These guys do not quit.  We were down 11 and the announcers thought that the Gators were going to "put it away".  SO WRONG!! Congratulations to Coach Mills and the entire staff for the successful game plan, but more than that, it was the character that  the players have shown through in the last five games.  To instill that is much more difficult than drawing the X's and O's.  Tremendous win!!  So proud of the players - great effort - great team win!!!

• Upvote 2

It has taken TheEagleman about 45 minutes to calm down and field all the texts and phone calls from all over the place....This IS the greatest weekend in ORU BASKETBALL HISTORY!!!!  Beating Ohio State and Florida just inconceivable.....I am at a loss for words.....No, it was not TheEagleman who bet $45K on ORU but i did have small wagers with the 9 points and straight up money line for both games.....will do the same vs. Arkansas.....gotta keep the streak going.....just an unbelievable comeback from 11 down midway thru the 2nd half and the huge 3 by Weaver from the corner was a dagger.....KO and Max amazing again and 20 points in the 2nd half for Obanor just a clutch performance.....it will take me at least 2 hours to let the adrenaline wear off.....I am just so happy for these kids and the coaches.....great job....never say die attitude.....i will be back latter to comment more when TheEagleman settles down.....wow!....GO BLUE!!!:tb-blue:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1