NCAA Round of 32: #15 ORU vs. #7 Florida

Old Titan

5 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I don’t know, guys & gals...I think I gotta go with the Gators in this one.

drop mic GIF by Captain Obvious

👏

playing at the hockey arena where IUPUI has their home games....also got the worst announcers....and worst network

schedule.thumb.png.1abe7d9a16b35a2a2ab346d46dee2662.png

I'm just so happy and grateful to still be in the dang thing! Not really caring who announces or what network it's on. We get a chance to compete and advance.

Let's go #ORU!

• Upvote 2

Short turn around but hopeful the guys get to savor the win!  We will see what Coach Mills and staff draw up in the next 30-35 hours.  So far his defense plan has been good.  Florida has some talented guards and a big 6'11 center Castleton.  When Castleton is on, the Gators are tough to beat.  Will be an interesting matchup between him and K.O.

9 hours ago, ORUalum said:

playing at the hockey arena where IUPUI has their home games....also got the worst announcers....and worst network

I think you’re a little harsh on your assessment of the announcer crew.  TBD is an amazing on-court reporter. 🥴😂🤮

9 hours ago, ORUalum said:

First of all, these are first world problems, so to speak. 

Secondly, given how much the viewing public loves the Cinderella, I'm a little surprised we are on truTV.  Is the world really more interested in Rutgers v Houston than are game?  Is that driven by more east coast bias (sorry Eagleman)?  People I haven't heard from in years were texting me.  People love these story lines.  It is one of the elements that makes the tournament so fantastic. 

Finally, the Pacers play at Bankers Fieldhouse.  I've never been there myself but it is an NBA team's home court.  I assume its not a dump.  I found this description on the web.

The arena was built to evoke an Indiana high school and college field house. As such, unlike most other North American sports arenas, it was designed primarily for basketball.

31 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Finally, the Pacers play at Bankers Fieldhouse.  I've never been there myself but it is an NBA team's home court.

Unfortunately, we are playing the only game of the day at Indiana Farmers Coliseum, not Bankers Fieldhouse. 😩

So this arena is where IUPUI plays their home games.  ORU played there for many years and I think Coach Mills coached a game there in his first season, before IUPUI left the Summit League.  Small venue that holds about 7,000.  Looks like there are only 18 tickets left for sale, so maybe only a few hundred can attend the game. Kansas is playing at the Farmers Coliseum in about an hour.  See how they like it.  First all time meeting with Florida.

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Unfortunately, we are playing the only game of the day at Indiana Farmers Coliseum, not Bankers Fieldhouse. 😩

I stand corrected. I misread the graphic. 

One more point, its early in the Georgetown v Colorado game but they may have the worst announcing team 😛

This is got to be ORU's biggest game since Kansas in 1974.  Expect a miracle!  Florida has been up and down this season.  Hopefully they are thinking about going home for spring break so they can enjoy the sun/beaches/etc. in Florida.

It doesn't matter where the game is played or who announces and the channel....this game is nationally televised and will be up on the big screen at EVERY sports bar in America......ORU can beat Florida because let's be honest....we Did NOT play our best game yesterday....shot and rebounded poorly....if we can improve on those numbers then ORU can win....heard an analyst on ESPN say last night that the ORU win was no fluke and we played with more intensity than Ohio State....we wanted it more and need to want it more on Sunday night vs. a good Florida team....but not a great Florida team.....Max and KO will need big games again and we need more from Weaver, Jurgens and Thompson....LET'S DO IT!!!!  GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

I agree with you, Eagleman. That was definitely not our best ball. ORU could have won by a wider margin. 

I've heard Coach Mills say the tournament is all about matchups. Have the Golden Eagles played another team with a similar style of play as the Gators?

What do you anticipate ORU's game plan will be?

From what I hear, their big guy can be dominant and they pressure the ball more than Ohio State. 

Kevin seemed to play smarter against the Buckeye's in not picking up silly fouls. He will need to do the same tomorrow night.

No way the Gators let Max get off like Ohio State did. I expect they will pressure him like NDSU and SDSU did in the conference tournament. We will need our supporting cast to show up big time in taking care of the ball and hitting shots. 

For those that have followed the team more this season, are plet and Bergens not college ready yet? Seems like we could use Bergens ball handling in pressure breaks. 

10 hours ago, Ting said:

For those that have followed the team more this season, are plet and Bergens not college ready yet? Seems like we could use Bergens ball handling in pressure breaks. 

They’ve only played in spots, with varying results.  Your terminology of “not college ready” is very appropriate.  Bright future, but likely not for today. 

Time for ORU to shock the world yet again, by completing the “Urban Meyer Double-Dip”! 😂👍

I feel optimistic about tonight. Castleton looks really good, but he does not look like a guy that is going to be very excited about dancing around the perimeter with Obanor. Looking forward to another fun day!