Publicity (March Madness 2021)

ORUTerry

Men’s Basketball’s Sweet 16 Run Sparks Celebrations & Prayers Among ORU Community  (KOTV)

Link to video:   https://www.newson6.com/story/605bbea8193e090bb779aae3/mens-basketballs-sweet-16-run-sparks-celebrations--prayers-among-oru-community--

Wednesday, March 24th 2021, 5:35 pm
By: Erick Payne
TULSA, Okla. - 

Students and staff at Oral Roberts University are getting very excited as the men's basketball team heads into the Sweet 16 game Saturday.

The student body here at ORU meets for chapel every Wednesday, and today they took some time to pray and cheer for the men's basketball team ahead of Saturday's Sweet 16 matchup.

"All of you, all of you, we're proud of you at Oral Roberts University and we want you to know that," ORU President Dr. William Wilson said.

For the first time since 1974, the Golden Eagles are in the Sweet 16 after beating No. 2 Ohio State and seventh-ranked Florida.

Next up is a rematch with No. 3 Arkansas. They beat ORU earlier this year, but the Golden Eagles led by 12 at one point in the second half.

"So, it's like when you flunk a test, and the teacher says would you like to retake it, and you're like, please give me another chance," head coach Paul Mills said.

Mills said they're looking forward to proving themselves again on the national stage. And it’s evident that the students are ready to back them up with a ton of energy.

"This is literally history in the making that we're experiencing so the energy has been through the roof," ORU cheerleader Kamryn Brown said.

"It's amazing to have a platform like that to not just glorify Christ but also share it through our team. Our team's doing a great job, our boys are doing a great job," ORU student Jordan Rollinson said.

The upset over the Gators may have busted brackets across the country, but everyone here at ORU is praying it happens again this Saturday.

"One more weekend of victory and Oral Roberts University will be in the Final Four of the NCAA Tournament, wow, we love those guys, keep praying for them in Indianapolis," Wilson said.

ORU is holding another watch party for Saturday's game against Arkansas, at the Mabee Center. The doors will open at 5:30 p.m. Saturday.

"Rome is Burning" is interviewing Max Abmas right now at 12:40pm EST.

Taking it all in stride. 

TheEagleman loves Jim Rome....working and didn't hear it but hoping someone will post it tonight....who would have thunk it???:shield-logo:

Wow....Doc delivers in a flash!!! 😎:circle-logoi:

19 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Thanks, Doc!

I love VanSmack; and he sure seems to love himself some ORU Basketball right now - VERY respectful, and had really done his homework.

"WAR EAGLES!", as they would say in The Jungle.  #RackHim

Yeah, that story has been making the rounds all over social media this week.

I guess it's a click-bait dream to have "Oral Roberts", "Kevin Bacon", "Vegas" and "barbershop fight" all in the same unlikely headline.

Is anyone on this board getting any work done this week? Just asking for a friend....

• Haha 1

TheEagleman is working his butt off.....but switching over to the board at least a few minutes every hour.....😉:shield-logo:

BTW....great interview with Max on the Jim Rome Show.....Rome is just the BEST interviewer around.....hits all the key questions and no BS....Max was sensational....Bio-Chemistry Major??? Damn!!!....TheEagleman is beyond impressed......smart  dude....😃

28 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Is anyone on this board getting any work done this week? Just asking for a friend....

So funny you should say that - I've been getting up at 6am every day this week and staying at my computer till at least midnight every night, just trying to keep ahead of all the ORU social media and my work load.

It's like that great t-shirt I first saw on the NBC technical crew during one of the Olympic broadcasts:

WE'LL SLEEP WHEN IT'S OVER