Publicity (March Madness 2021)

ORUTerry

On 4/7/2021 at 7:06 AM, Dr. Cornelius said:

Podcast interview with Coach Patterson

thanks for posting, lots of good takeaways....

great to hear that ORU's cost of attendance payment is on par w/ Big 12 schools and that they also cater a meal after each practice for the team.  it sounds like ORU is really stepping up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mills seems to be working a plan to upgrade and improve the ORU basketball program. I am impressed with his vision and focus. It really comes down to finding the right players and helping them develop their talents within the team. 

I agree. Coach Mills has vision and obviously is good at instilling that vision in his players and coaches. I have thought for many years now that ORU is in a great location for recruiting good players and we have great facilities. What we have lacked is a coach with vision that is willing to stay and build a solid nationally known program. Now we have it!  Looking forward to a steady incline!

I just took the time to listen to the interview with Sam Patterson for over an hour. It was worth it!

That Ironhorse podcast was great! 

Thanks for sharing it. It inspired me!

• Like 1

Mills' 14 years at Baylor showed him how a big time program does things the right way.....he seems to be bringing a lot of that to ORU....let's hope he continues to bring in the right guys and the University keeps upgrading the campus and athletic facilities....:tb-white:

We got good news today when we heard that Coach Mills is conducting his basketball camp in June!

Great getting to know another ORU reserve player, Ismael Plet, in this surprisingly well-done podcast, a UVA student-run production (though Ish is from the Netherlands, he was a high school star in Virginia).

Edited by Dr. Cornelius
Added podcast player embed
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Great getting to know another ORU reserve player, Ismael Plet, in this surprisingly well-done podcast, a UVA student-run production (though Ish is from the Netherlands, he was a high school star in Virginia).

It's impressive to me how well the guys conducted themselves during all the media availability we've seen during NCAA run and after.

Very mature and measured for a group of 18-22 year olds... I definitely couldn't have communicated as well they have with local and national media at that age.

• Like 1

Great interview with Ismael!

Interesting to hear how they all lived and dealt with the bubble.

He gets a gold star for using the word “equanimity” in his conversation. I’m impressed. Nice vocabulary. 

Watch for three stories in the Tulsa World on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday... some big announcements coming. 

1 minute ago, ORUTerry said:

Watch for three stories in the Tulsa World on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday... some big announcements coming. 

Yup. There sure are!

Terry, any chance of sharing those 3 announcements for all of us who live 1,000+ miles from Tulsa and do not get the TW?  Much appreciated.

ORU being invited to join the Big 12?.....😉

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

ORU being invited to join the Big 12?.....😉

Missouri Valley?

Are they related to players?