2021 Summit League Tourney 1st Rd: ORU vs. UND

Old Titan

Something else to consider:  UND had their bye week last weekend, so they haven't played in 15 days.

Long lay-offs often translate into more fouls; particularly in the paint.

Getting the ball to Obanor inside, and driving the ball to the basket from the perimeter, could result in a bonanza at the free throw line, where ORU has been excellent all year.

I’ve two words for the Golden Eagles today - Block Out!

On 3/3/2021 at 6:33 PM, Keenan Henderson said:

Just signed up for ESPN plus for 6 dollars a month and then you can cancel it in April.  If you do this, then you can watch all the Summit League Tournament games up to the final, which is on ESPN 2.  Thought it was a good deal with March Madness coming up.

Anyone know how On Demand works? If I sign up can I watch the game later tonight?

Yes, you can watch as soon as you sign up.

UND's guards have been playing better of late and you would think they have something special on the defensive end for Max today.  Can we trust the other guys to come through in such a big game tonight?  DJ did average 11 points in those two earlier games versus UND.  Would be great if he could get going tonight!

ORU tipping off as a 7. 5 pt favorite. Let's put these clowns away early....GO BLUE!!😁🏀😁

Always happy when the ORU game plan happens to go along with my pre-game analysis (lol).

Keep going to the hole and the free throw line, guys - just keep going to the hole!!

DJ playing really well. 

$6 is a steal for March, honestly. 

MARCHELLO VEALY THINKS DESHANG WEAVER IS PLAYING OUT OF HIS MIND RIGHT NOW.

• Haha 1

Who would've thought Obanor would go out with 2 fouls with 8 minutes left and that would be a GOOD thing. Big time run. Nice to get Obanor some rest if we want to have a shot to make a run in the tournament. 

The defense has been solid in the first half and we have been waiting for Weaver to have a game like this all year!  Seems like his freshman year he had a 28 point game, so we knew he was capable.  Good guys are up 10 at half!

Jurgens is playing great tonight...leading rebounder for ORU with 5 and he is all over the court. Our supporting cast including Jurgens, Thompson and DJ are stepping up! Let's keep our focus in the 2nd half!

Let’s go Eagles!  Keep playing smart basketball, drive to draw fouls, stay active defensively like you were in the first half, and I suspect the 3 pointers will start falling.

Why is Lacis still allowed to shoot 3s at all, let alone CONTESTED threes? He's a terrible shooter and we have PLENTY of guys on the floor at all times who are great shooters and can extend the defense. It's a bad possession every time he shoots a 3. 

4 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Why is Lacis still allowed to shoot 3s at all, let alone CONTESTED threes? He's a terrible shooter and we have PLENTY of guys on the floor at all times who are great shooters and can extend the defense. It's a bad possession every time he shoots a 3. 

Most nights, unless it's a layup, I feel like its a bad possession if anyone other than Abmas or Obanor shoot. 

Although, Weaver is challenging my theory this evening.

And they give the call back. Could have called that against Jurgens