Summit League Tournament

ORUTerry

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Tough game to predict tonight....ORU is on a nice roll and NDSU is fortunate to be still be around after Saturday night.....Golden Eagles have the horses to beat the Bison and match up well but playing up in the Dakotas scares me with these refs who seem to favor NDSU.....they always seem to get lucky while ORU rarely seems to get a break.....ORU playing a 2nd game in 24 hours while NDSU has had a night off.....man, we are so overdue.....it's been 12 years since we have been in the NCAA Tournament....nobody figured it would be THIS year.....but with both South Dakota schools eliminated the road has been paved for a surprise winner....TheEagleman doesn't want to get ahead of himself because winning tonight is no guarantee that we win on Tuesday....so let's address tonight.....the Bison do not scare me and our guys have beaten them before....the loss last month in Fargo was without our best player.....I like our chances tonight and so does Vegas as we are only a 1 point dog......can we find a way?....YES!!!...Expect a Miracle!....ORU 77 NDSU 73 in a barn burner....GO BLUE!!! :e_nzekwesi:

Like your excitement Eagleman! ORU has the talent and experience to win this game but shooting is usually their problem. Max is the only one who is a good three point shooter. If only DJ  Weaver were healthy, the Eagles could have won 20 games and gone to the tournament. The other issue is the Bison have a track record of winning big games (winning culture) while ORU is rebuilding that winning tradition. So can the good guys win a close game against a quality opponent away from home?

5 hours ago, ORU GRAD said:

Just Kidding OT. We Want you to return. You said 16 wins and you were spot on in conference.  Here is what you said in January under Mid Season Thoughts

Until somehow convinced otherwise, I'm still thinking something along the lines of 9-7; maybe 10-6, and a 4th-to-6th-in-the-middle-of-the-pack type of finish. Yes, you know your basketball. 

LOL - you’re too kind.

And I can prove it:  I also predicted a first-round exit if ORU “played any of the Dakota schools or Omaha”.

Barely missed THAT one by 27 points! 🤣

ALL BETS ARE OFF NOW - THE MOST IMPORTANT 24 HOURS IN OVER A DECADE FOR ORU BASKETBALL STARTS IN 60 MINUTES.

ORU needs to be physical with NDSU and not give them easy drives to the basket.  That should necessitate a lot of Nzekwesi and Obanor with some Lufile and Lacis mixed in.  IMHO the only “4th guard” that should ever be on the floor is Lacis who plays like a tall guard or a small forward.

SDSU fans will be 1000% for ORU

Saturday our NDSU/SDSU rivalry hit another  level, they willed #8 Denver on.  booing calls and outright giddy cheering for Denver.

Then when they choked the next game we gave it right back to them and laughed in thier faces.

so there will be 600 NDSU fans vs 5000 SDSU fans as ORU fans.

Vinnie & Tyson are going to destroy ORU tonight I just feel it, sorry 

is this the game thread? or a new 1 

😄 I guess we’re not calling over the back now?

if your big guys would just DUNK instead of missing easy bunnies youd be up 8-10

couple scoring droughts both ways.

30 30

• Like 1

Nzekwesi looks like he doesn’t even want to be out there

Much like the first half of Omaha, defensive struggle but the Bison hit late three to go up 33-30. Hopefully the Eagles come alive in the second half again!

If you had told me that we’d shoot 3-11 from three and NDSU would hit 7-16 on threes, and that EMan and Max would have a total of two points, and we’d only be trailing by three at half??? I’d have taken it!  I like our defensive intensity - just need some shots to fall!

It does crack me up when the Summit announcers keep mentioning that they are surprised by our man on man defense, since we’ve “historically been an all zone defense team in recent years”. Have a clue, guys!

Zebras taking over again.  ORU missed a lot of close shots, but the refs eliminated any chance of a comeback through their late game calls.