Summit League Tournament

ORUTerry

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

That’s incorrect.  ORU beat IUPUI in the 2015 first round (according to Summit League website regarding championship history). 

thanks for the correction....that only softens things a bit

when was ORU last in the championship game?

The old saying defense wins games/🏆! Eagles hold Omaha to 27% shootings and 52 points. That will win everytime. When Max gets hot he is like that old game NBA jam where the player is literally on 🔥 when he makes like three shots!

17 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

embarrassing stat of the day...

Is this right? The last Summit League Tournament  win was in 14-15 at the Sanford Pentagon.

(March, 8th 2015 - ORU 58 - IUPUI 56)

-saw 82 beat me to it.

Amazing 2nd half...TheEagleman never expected a 27 point win....hoping we have some gas left in the tank for the Semis tomorrow night...call me crazy but with SDSU gone...ORU can win this thing....GO BLUE!!! 🍺🏀🍺

NDSU did not play very well against Denver (38% percent shooting) but somehow found a way to win by hitting two free throws with about 5 seconds left. They are too good a team to have another off night tomorrow. With a day off and time to rest, expect the Bison to be much improved tomorrow. ORU will need strong guard play again (tonight 17 assists to 7 turnovers).

Great win!  Too bad Denver didn’t hit 1 more 3 pointer and pull the upset vs NDSU last night.  Also good to know that the Summit League tournament refs aren’t trying to pave a path to a Dakota vs Dakota final based on the SDSU loss.

We can beat NDSU if we stay disciplined on defense and offense and don’t waste possessions.  Go Eagles!

#3 seed USD has been eliminated by #6 UND.....a stunner and now both South Dakota schools are gone......amazing....if the good guys can get the upset tomorrow night vs. the #1 seed we would be the favorite in the final....but....one game at a time....tomorrow is a VERY tough contest....but not impossible.....EXPECT A MIRACLE!!!!.....GO BLUE!....:circle-logoi:

UND takes down USD in the always-predictable MidCon/Summit 3-vs-6 match-up, 74-71.

Do you guys have any idea how hard it is for me right now to keep my big yapper shut??

9 hours ago, Old Titan said:

UND takes down USD in the always-predictable MidCon/Summit 3-vs-6 match-up, 74-71.

Do you guys have any idea how hard it is for me right now to keep my big yapper shut??

I know it is hard but your doing good!  Just Kidding OT. We Want you to return. You said 16 wins and you were spot on in conference. 

charlotte flair shut up GIF by WWE

We knew the Summit was “wide open” this season, but the tournament results so far are ridiculous!  The winner of the NDSU-ORU game tonight will be wearing home unis for Tuesday’s championship game, and will be the prohibitive favorite.  The big question is... which team will show up tonight???

12 hours ago, ORUalum said:

when was ORU last in the championship game?

2011, losing in the title game as the #2 seed to #1 seed Oakland.  

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

We knew the Summit was “wide open” this season, but the tournament results so far are ridiculous!  The winner of the NDSU-ORU game tonight will be wearing home unis for Tuesday’s championship game, and will be the prohibitive favorite.  The big question is... which team will show up tonight???

Will the South Dakota fans show up or stay at home? I trust ORU will bring their A game. Best half of basketball I have seen in a while with the guys and defense was good. I must say I was a bit concerned about Omaha and we looked strong in the 2nd half. Denver should be playing tonight and I thought the refs showed North Dakota State some love. Stunning that South Dakota Schools are both out. 

The officials in these tournament games typically allow a much more physical style of play - which should benefit ORU. Let’s hope they stay consistent and not change their approach. 

North Dakota State is a good team with very good guards (Ward and Shadid). Ward is a big matchup problem. We beat them 79 to 73 at the Mabee Center on Jan 9th and lost to them 83-76 on Feb 8th without EMan

13 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Just Kidding OT. We Want you to return. You said 16 wins and you were spot on in conference.  Here is what you said in January under Mid Season Thoughts

Until somehow convinced otherwise, I'm still thinking something along the lines of 9-7; maybe 10-6, and a 4th-to-6th-in-the-middle-of-the-pack type of finish. Yes, you know your basketball. 

OT has seen a lot of basketball -especially ORU basketball. His analysis is usually pretty close to the mark. 

Old Titan is the Master....HE IS ORU BASKETBALL.....Come back, brother and rejoin the party!...😎

• Like 1

Tough game to predict tonight....ORU is on a nice roll and NDSU is fortunate to be still be around after Saturday night.....Golden Eagles have the horses to beat the Bison and match up well but playing up in the Dakotas scares me with these refs who seem to favor NDSU.....they always seem to get lucky while ORU rarely seems to get a break.....ORU playing a 2nd game in 24 hours while NDSU has had a night off.....man, we are so overdue.....it's been 12 years since we have been in the NCAA Tournament....nobody figured it would be THIS year.....but with both South Dakota schools eliminated the road has been paved for a surprise winner....TheEagleman doesn't want to get ahead of himself because winning tonight is no guarantee that we win on Tuesday....so let's address tonight.....the Bison do not scare me and our guys have beaten them before....the loss last month in Fargo was without our best player.....I like our chances tonight and so does Vegas as we are only a 1 point dog......can we find a way?....YES!!!...Expect a Miracle!....ORU 77 NDSU 73 in a barn burner....GO BLUE!!! :e_nzekwesi:

I agree that this will not be a cakewalk and NDSU is good.  We will need to bring our A game and show up to play.  It will be interesting to see if we play inside-out or go for the 4 guard small ball fun and gun we have seen recently.  Either way, we need to be ready to play from the tip-off.  As was stated on the NDSU fan forum board, on paper this game could be for the Summit Championship.  Go Golden Eagles, one game at a time.  BTW, the Bison faithful also correctly pointed out that we are perhaps the most underachieving team in the Summit this year.  They too are wondering which Golden Eagle team will show up tonight.