Summit League Tournament

ORUTerry

Bleep!  $#@&#%@&!!!!...😞😥😞

Max needs to spend the offseason working on a quick drive and step-back three shot like Shahid has.  He couldn’t get a shot off all night, and we needed his scoring. 

Enjoyed listening to Adam on the radio. He summed up ORU's season: they improved but could not win the close games at the end. That was true tonight. When it came down to winning time (last five minutes) NDSU knew how to win and the Eagles struggled. That is what separates great teams from good teams.  Kevin and RJ were very strong tonight and as sophomores they both have a bright future.

I still believe that ORU will be playing in the CIT or CBI. Can’t wait to find out on Sunday night!

NDSU is a decent team.  We needed an A performance to beat them and got a B performance instead.  

Nzekwesi has had a really good career and it is a shame that he (and Kearns) were not able to go out with a strong effort in what could likely be their last game.

NDSU’s defense frustrated our offense in all 3 games this year.  They are a decent defensive team.  Still, NDSU didn’t shoot that well either so this game was there for the taking.

A big thanks goes out to the players and the coaching staff for giving their best effort this season.  I do believe this team was improved over last year.

I wish the best to all the seniors as they move into the next phase of their lives after graduation.

It's been almost 20 hours and TheEagleman has calmed down....tough one to lose because I really thought all the stars were aligned.....not gonna win with E-Man scoring 2 points with only 4 boards....see he had 4 fouls but still.....NDSU really shut him down....I didn't see the game so fill me in on why E-Man was a no show......on the bright side...we have Obanor, Abmas, Weaver, Fuqua and Lacis all back next year to go with the new guys coming in....ORU should be a competitor in the Summit hopeful Top 3....tonight NDSU and UND should be a good one.....not impossible for the Fighting Hawks to pull the upset......TheEagleman will be rooting for them.....:und:

E-Man was getting the shots, but they just weren't falling.  Most of them appeared to be short, so fatigue from back-to-back games could have played a factor.  As the game progressed, it seemed to me that he "pressed" a bit, which didn't help (he had four of the team's seven turnovers), and he probably took a few too many shots.  Was just one of those days for him - fortunately, Obanor showed up in a big way.

Add Lufile and Jones to your list Eagleman.  All things considered, all of these returning players will have seen the floor during this year, meaning they will all have experience playing D-I ball.  They will also have time and game experience playing as a team, which is a good thing.  I know it is early but right now I would place them next year in the top 3 in the Summit, preseason.  Hopefully we can build upon all of these factors in the off-season and come back next Fall hungry.  Go Golden Eagles!

BTW, thanks to all of the Seniors for being Golden Eagles and contributing to our program.  I think you guys are leaving the place a little better then how you found it when you first arrived on campus.  Good luck to all of you and may you find success in all you do.  Thanks again for all the memories.

One other thing, NDSU is running UND off the floor in the Championship game.  When I say running them off the floor, I am not exaggerating.  It took 7+ minutes at the start of the game before UND made its first bucket.  Unless NDSU goes into a collective coma, they should blow out UND.  

35 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

Add Lufile and Jones to your list Eagleman.  All things considered, all of these returning players will have seen the floor during this year, meaning they will all have experience playing D-I ball.  They will also have time and game experience playing as a team, which is a good thing.  I know it is early but right now I would place them next year in the top 3 in the Summit, preseason.  Hopefully we can build upon all of these factors in the off-season and come back next Fall hungry.  Go Golden Eagles!

BTW, thanks to all of the Seniors for being Golden Eagles and contributing to our program.  I think you guys are leaving the place a little better then how you found it when you first arrived on campus.  Good luck to all of you and may you find success in all you do.  Thanks again for all the memories.

One other thing, NDSU is running UND off the floor in the Championship game.  When I say running them off the floor, I am not exaggerating.  It took 7+ minutes at the start of the game before UND made its first bucket.  Unless NDSU goes into a collective coma, they should blow out UND.  

Add to the fold, Sheldon Stevens 6'3 Shooting Guard, and Kareem Thompson 6'5" Juco Guard  with excellent range, along with Nathan Clover 6'8 Freshman Forward. That leaves a minimum of two more spots from which Coach Mills and staff to go after. We at this time will have only one senior. I would love to see another Senior in the lineup. What a blessing that young man Burns was to have on the floor this year. Hopefully a Big Transfer.

1 hour ago, ORU GRAD said:

What a blessing that young man Burns was to have on the floor this year. Hopefully a Big Transfer.

So true - Burns showed us the value of having an excellent point guard on the team.  I believe RJ has some skills to play that role next year, but his height (or lack thereof) does present some challenges.  Not an ideal situation.  Perhaps juco transfer Kareem Thompson can play in tandem with Fuqua and help fill the void.

Congrats to NDSU....they are the well deserved champions of the Summit League.....I expect them to be about a 14 seed on Sunday night....and they will be very pesky to whatever team they draw.....:NDSU:

Post season announcement coming soon! Check out Coach Mills twitter......(sorry, gotta have my kids show me how to insert a tweet)

Glad to hear that the team will play on this season... and will be interested to hear the details over the weekend.

Soo, the plot thickens.  Post season talk, have not heard any of that in a long time.  If I am reading bleacherreport.com correctly, the CBI announced today that due to the coronavirus they are cancelling this year's tourney.  I guess that leaves the CIT, as I would be stunned if we got an invite to the NIT.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

With the NCAA’s announcement today, I am assuming that ORU’s season is over.  The CBI and CIT can’t exist/survive without fans, so ORU would have no place to play.  Although it wouldn’t impact ORU, I would question whether the NIT has a large enough TV contract to survive as well.

• Upvote 1

Can't resist...

The reason the NCAA is wanting so badly to continue with the NCAA and NIT tournaments is not about letting the student-athletes compete for a championship; it's about television contracts with CBS, Turner Broadcasting and ESPN for broadcasting those games. 

The advertising revenue that would be lost in the wake of cancelling games/broadcasts would be devastating to the NCAA and the networks.  The Division 1 basketball tournament is by FAR the NCAA's biggest source of revenue; and I'm assuming any form of "act of God" insurance they might have for this sort of emergency is merely a fraction of their annual haul on this event.

They are bound and determined to use these athletes as television revenue fodder come hell, high water, or high fevers, up to a tipping point of moral outrage from the public.  We are quickly approaching that point...