2019 Summit League Playoffs

theeagleman5

ORU prevails 5-2 --- what a performance from McMinn

• W: McMinn
  • SV: Henson
  • HR: Henson (x2), Coffey

In my opinion, the game of his season, so far, for Josh. Touch and go in the early innings. Give at least some credit to coaching staff for leaving Josh in there. Class move.

Gotta say....TheEagleman is pleasantly surprised by this 5-2 win and McMinn's 8 innings of outstanding work...bullpen is ready if needed tonight vs. Omaha......it goes without saying that tonight is HUGE....winner will have a hammerlock on the tournament...now SDSU has to line up and play WIU right now in an elimination game......not an easy task in that warm weather.....:tb-blue:😎

Geez, have a day Spencer Henson:

• 3-for-3 at the plate
  • single in the first inning
  • no-doubt solo home runs his next two at-bats
  • intentional walk to load the bases; leads to an RBI base-on-balls
  • ANOTHER intentional walk with ORU up by 3 runs and nobody on base
  • Gets the final out in relief with the tying run at the plate for the save.

The man is in such a groove right now; worth the price of admission alone.

Classic McMinn daytime start:  shaky the first couple of frames, got stronger as the game went on, really found his groove in the later innings.

• Upvote 1

Just noticed that ORU will play at 11am tomorrow vs. Omaha not tonight....even better for us.....the boys can sit back and watch the elimination game then go get some dinner and a good nights' sleep....GO BLUE!!!😎

Western Illinois and SDSU play an elimination game this afternoon.  No night game today.

ORU and Omaha play the winner's bracket game Friday at 11am Friday; loser immediately plays winner of this afternoon's loser's bracket game to advance.  No night game Friday.

Championship game is 11am Saturday; immediately followed by the "if necessary" deciding game.

Which leaves Sunday if needed for any more rainouts...

That game tomorrow morning feels like the championship game....not sure ORU has the pitching depth/talent to battle back thru the losers bracket

6 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

That game tomorrow morning feels like the championship game....not sure ORU has the pitching depth/talent to battle back thru the losers bracket

No one in this league has pitching depth.  I like ORU in a slugfest at Beautiful J.L. as much as anyone else.

Which is why I'm still scratching my head about how Omaha handled stud ace Payton Kinney on Wednesday:  I can understand starting him in the first round instead of saving him till the second day, IF you're going to pull him as soon as possible to preserve him for more innings later in the bracket.

But then, why trot him back out there for the sixth inning of an 11-0 game on a hot day?  Kinda weird...

Totally agree, Alum....the winner of ORU-Omaha tomorrow is in the drivers' seat.....🤩:shield-logo:

I’ve heard that the lights were damaged last night so night games are not a possibility. 

Great win today. Awesome pitching by McMinn!

They can't get a good electrician out to 7777 So. Lewis to fix those lights???...🤔

WIU 4 SDSU 1 top 7th...Jacks are 9 outs from elimination....😳

2 hours ago, MrsSmith said:

I’ve heard that the lights were damaged last night so night games are not a possibility. 

Have to wonder if this was the culprit for the damage; a still photo appeared to show the bolt hitting the right-center field lights:

Jacks have rallied for a 7-4 lead in the 8th... WIU may be headed home early....😛

4 hours ago, MrsSmith said:

Was there damage to the new video board?

1 hour ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Was there damage to the new video board?

looks like it's okay (2:19).....here's SDSU game recap.

don't know if this is the strike that damaged the lights or this just happened to line up behind the pole when snapped, but cool photo from oruathletics.com....

ORUBase_Lightning_May_22.thumb.jpg.803f5788ded1fe773ca9b85dbe5464d5.jpg

11 hours ago, ORUalum said:

don't know if this is the strike that damaged the lights or this just happened to line up behind the pole when snapped, but cool photo from oruathletics.com....

ORUBase_Lightning_May_22.thumb.jpg.803f5788ded1fe773ca9b85dbe5464d5.jpg

THAT is the photo I was referring to in my earlier post; sure looks like it's hitting the tower. 

I live one mile south of the stadium, and there were three or four strikes in a row at this time with instantaneous explosions of thunder.  My dog thought we were under attack; apparently it was the stadium instead.

Huge game today.....as mentioned previously, the winner of ORU-Omaha is in great position to win this tournament.....one hour until first pitch and TheEagleman is already nervous.... are we home or away???...will be checking in here at the office.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white: