2019 Summit League Playoffs

theeagleman5

I'm finally getting to watch a little today. Really impressed with Wolf. 7 shutout innings so far, including getting out of a bases loaded, one out jam in the 5th. 3 hits, 2 walks - total dominance.

• Like 1

Incredible outing from Wolf. Exactly what we needed to have a shot in game 2. Hes running back out for the 8th. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Win or lose in this 2nd game, what an amazing performance from the ORU pitchers this tournament.👍

• Like 1

Incredible. Back to back complete game shutouts from true freshmen. 

Trey Wolf???

To my knowledge, this is the first time in ORU tournament history-regardless of conference-that true freshmen pitchers threw 2 complete-game shutouts, let alone consecutively.

ORU ran out of gas and into the league's ace.  Good effort, but as expected just not enough talent to win thru the losers bracket.

Congrats to Omaha.

We knew the streak would stop one day, and I’m pleased that it was extended to 19.  I’d much rather have a team like this break the streak than to have a really good team experience a fluke loss, ala Pierre Dukes. 

Best-pitched Summit League tournament ever. 

The difference in both the regular season and the tournament was Omaha’s big horse, Peyton Kinney. 

But props to the ORU pitchers as well. Marvelous week by the entire staff. 

Bleep...🤬

Y’all are far more optimistic than I. I am depressed. It’s been a tough year to be a Golden Eagle. 

15 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Y’all are far more optimistic than I. I am depressed. It’s been a tough year to be a Golden Eagle. 

I just hope this isn't the beginning of a slide like we saw in basketball.

Is this a down year for ORU baseball or the Summit drastically improving?

23 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

I just hope this isn't the beginning of a slide like we saw in basketball.

Is this a down year for ORU baseball or the Summit drastically improving?

Yikes. What a terrifying thought. Surely this is just a blip on the radar.... right? 

Baseball is going to be just fine.

Duo of freshman starters who pitched back-to-back shutouts are returning, recruiting base is still rock solid in Oklahoma, and Omaha simply had an ace-for-the-ages in Kinney. The future is still bright.

Basketball, on the other hand..... 😬

• Upvote 1

I do have concern.  Yes we have 2 fantastic freshman pitchers coming back, but the Summit is a joke in D-I baseball and we should expect more.  We let Sutton take MBB so far into the tank on so many levels it is not funny.  One more year in baseball and if no improvement, make changes.

• Upvote 1

Yep....totally agree....Dallas Baptist manages to maintain a national program....ORU hasnt won an NCAA game in several years.....we should roll through the Summit...😥

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1