Jose Trevino Update

TrueBlue82

Trevino's 11th inning walk-off on his late father's birthday....

earlier....

• Like 1

Big night for Jose. I’m an avid Orioles fan. I have two favorite teams. The O’s and anyone playing the Yankees. But I actually found myself happy for the former Golden Eagle have a great night, especially on an important night for him. 

• Like 2

Jose, Jose chant.....bat flip.....Sinatra

What a moment for Trevino!!

• Like 1

Watching Yankees taking BP on the Cubs and the poor kid they have spot starting on Fox's game of the week.

Jose 2/2 with a single and homer and threw out opposing catcher Willson Contreras in the 1st.

I know he's been platooning with Kyle Higoshioka but he has to be considered their #1 pretty soon.

With his personality, skills behind the plate, relationship with the pitching staff, he'll be a star up there in NY.

I went to a couple games in a Rangers/Astros series last year in Houston and he easily looked like Texas' best catcher then. Would love to get him closer to home here in Houston 😁

• Like 2

Looks like Jose may just be becoming the best ORU position player in MLB of all time...and it helps that he's doing it in New York....😎

• Like 5

OK, OT...I will concede Keith Miller and Keith Lockhart have longevity and better stats...But Jose could pass them both in the next few seasons....if he continues on this pace....👍

On 6/13/2022 at 1:44 PM, dave said:

How about Ron Merideth? Unless you are only considering everyday position players.

Yeah, this is the post that got me riled up, re: former ORU position players in the majors:

On 6/11/2022 at 9:26 PM, theeagleman5 said:

Looks like Jose may just be becoming the best ORU position player in MLB of all time...and it helps that he's doing it in New York....😎

Never takes much with me, does it? 😛

With all due respect to Miller and Lockhart.......Jose Trevino.....BEST POSITION PLAYER to come out of ORU.......argument closed if he makes the AL All Star Team......😎