Roundtree

Holtontulsa

In spite of this reckless, or even dangerous, outburst, my impression of Tree has always been that he's a good guy, and that has borne out as Number Two Son got to know him at ORU.  He says that Tree was always friendly to him, and would even go out of his way to give a greeting when NTS didn't see him or was looking another direction.   I'm praying for things to work out for Steven and that he can get his life straightened out.  All I can think of is the potential for wasting the opportunity he's had here - I hope lessons will be learned and errors corrected, and I wish the best for Steven in the long run.

On a more positive note, my niece and nephew graduated from ORU this weekend, and I attended the ceremony.  Among the 735 graduates was a name that should be familiar to all on the board - Adam Liberty.  I had to go home and check when Adam had completed his basketball eligibility - it was in 2008.  It's taken him a while to finish, but the drive and determination was there, and Adam "walked" this weekend - and, I assume, on his own nickel.  So major congrats to Adam Liberty for sticking to it and finishing his degree.  It really is a major accomplishment.  And best of luck from here on out.

• Upvote 3

interesting that they scrubbed him from the past three rosters on orugoldeneagles.com.  he was on those teams.

sadly, this seems typical of ORU...'If we erase his name, we can make this go away.'

Steven who?..... |(

Very sad

one of the videos TrueBlue linked to mentioned that he was no longer listed on the team's roster.  you can check and see that he has been removed from the rosters of the last three seasons. apparently they forgot to delete the bio page that the rosters previously linked to.

I can understand removing Roundtree from the current roster, which is 2012-2013.  The 2013-2014 roster will not be listed until August, once everyone has/hasn't qualified and enrolled.

I don't understand removing Tree from rosters of the previous two seasons, unless it's some sort of computer glitch that unintentionally did it.  He was on those teams, he played, etc. - it's history.

I mean, Kendrick Moore is still listed as the all-time leading shot blocker at ORU, isn't he......?

Yeah...at this point Roundtree has been charged and things may not look good but he's convicted of nothing....why would his name be removed from prior seasons?....he played and he's part of ORU basketball history.....so what happened with Kendrick Moore?....TheEagleman isn't in on that one?...what did he do?.....doesn't sound good...... :nerd:

For what it's worth:  Steven Roundtree's name has returned to the roster from the past three seasons on orugoldeneagles.com.

Props to whoever made that call:  embarrassing as it may be for the program and the school, "it is what it is." :|

I agree. We're family when things are good and family when things aren't.

For what it's worth...a photo of Steven Roundtree getting a breakaway dunk has been TheEagleman's screensaver for the past 18 mos.....the photo was taken at the ORU-UTSA game in Stillwater in the Pre-season NIT in Nov. 2011 and has me and OKCEagle sitting in the background with Mike Minyard in front us of....I have never taken it down and will still not take it down...it reminds me to pray for Tree every day until this is resolved....TheEagleman is so saddened by the events of last weekend....this explains a lot about Roundtree's up and down season....he must have been dealing with this over the holidays and early part of 2013....the kid clearly had a lot of pressures financial and otherwise....no excuse for losing it like he did but like others have said....let those without sin cast the first stone.....TheEagleman will not be throwing anything at Tree.....any updates on this over the past day or so?.....and will anyone from the ORU staff reach out to the kid in prison?....or is that an NCAA violation?..... |(

• Upvote 1

Yeah...God forbid that we help the kid.......the NCAA would prefer that he rot in prison..... |(

Thanks for that interesting,informative and thought-provoking first post, flyonthewall.  With quality posts like that you're welcome back any time.

• Upvote 2

This is not good for us or Roundtree. He has been a huge contributor to the basketball program and we are going to miss him. Somehow I hope that he can make amends and get his life back in order and return to play basketball. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone.