Sam Houston St. vs. ORU 2nd Round

theeagleman5

Some valid points from everyone - no shame in being upset with the outcome of this season.

We simply aren't talented enough right now to get away with only playing 8 guys in such a predictable system.

We need either better players, or a different approach to the game.

The status quo will only result in more mediocrity in seasons to come.

• Upvote 2

We (staff and players) did not seem to be ready or get used to the physical style of play in the Southland Conference. I wanted to see someone get mad and respond - but no one did. Too much complaining and not enough attitude. Obi Emegano will provide a level of toughness next year.

Weezy did last night, in the closing seconds of the season. ;-)

One other note: SHSU played 10 guys last night, which it seems like almost every team in this conference does. It also seems that every team plays the same type of player at every position- which is undersized but physical. Completely different style from the Summit.

The style of play and officiating was certainly different from the Summit League - and I don't think we adjusted well. Or imposed our will upon the opponents. The Southland is much more physical - and the referees allow that style of play. We need to regroup and toughen up. If teams are going to drive to the basket and we can't stop their dribble penetration, then we need to consider utilizing a zone defense on a more regular basis. I hope we spend a lot more time practicing our defense - and including zone defenses in our preparation.

We also need more production from our bench. Playing six to eight guys all season long tends to wear everyone down by the end of the season.