Summit Tourney 2012

TrueBlue82

Spring threw a lot of pitches between last night and this afternoon. Maybe he would be available for an inning in Game 2 tomorrow at the most would be my guess. If we can get to a 2nd game tomorrow our pitching strategy should be interesting.

ORU stranded 22 base runners today between the 2 games. I expect we will cash in on more of those opportunities tomorrow.

Agree that Springs probably won't be available unless we get to a second game (as will others that have already pitched). I would expect that pitching in a second game would be by committee by both teams with NDSU using any and all left-handed pitchers that have an opportunity to go tomorrow.

If we don't capitalize on our RISP opportunities, we won't win - it's that simple.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• TrueBlue82

• ORUTerry

• ORUJason

Torrence will be the likely starter in the opener today....he needs to give us at least 6 or 7 solid innings....if ORU is victorious...the 2nd game could be a hodge podge of everybody....all hands on deck....maybe Bowen could give us an inning late if needed....TheEagleman expects the ORU bats to come alive....if not....well, it's gonna be a longer summer than usual for us on this board.....I still think there will be two games today....and that 2nd game is a total toss up....Go Blue!.... :eagles:

ORU grabs the early lead 1-0....Torrence on the mound....NDSU batting in the home 3rd.......TheEagleman has to go out but hopes to come home to follow Game Two!.... :nerd:

Still 1-0 in Top of 6th. Torrence pitching well. ORU has already stranded 7 base runners today for a total of 29 stranded over the last 2 1/2 games. Soon we will cash in on some of those base runners and push it to a Game 7!

Thanks for the updates. Please keep them coming. I can't get the livestats working on my phone.

Trevino hits a three run homer in the eighth to win the game.

Huge 3 run jack for Trevino in the top of the 9th for ORU is the game winner....great effort of the mound from Torrance....7 2/3 innings of four hit ball....that's clutch!....now we gotta get the nightcap....pressure goes over to NDSU now..... :clap::eagles:

NDSU jumps on Zufall in the first inning and has a 2-0 lead with ORU batting in the home 2nd....Zufall is already gone and Spring has come on....looks like a bullpen game for the home team.....we MUST score some runs or the season is over....the bats must awake and soon....ORU won't likely win this game with 3 or 4 runs....GO BLUE!.... :sweat:

NDSU is still up 2-0 in the 5th....we have only two hits....if ORU loses this Summit League title in our final year in the conference....it's because we just can't hit.....so far we have 12 runs in the five games played this weekend......very disappointing.... :doh:

Huge 2 run HR by Schluehuber after a 2 run double by Schiller....ORU leads 4-2 with NDSU now batting in the top of the 7th.....Joe Spring pitching BRILLIANTLY having gone 5 scoreless innings thus far....this kid must have a rubber arm....all we need are nine outs and we go to the NCAA tournament again....but why does TheEagleman think we might need another run or two?.....hope not....... :sweat:

Geez, TMH...can't believe you are at a wedding and not at JLJ....where are your priorities, son???.... :fubar: