ORU vs. SDSU

ron

Hey 89 Rabbit...if you think the BBQ here is good, you obviously have never been to Memphis.

You have me confused with Terry Vandrovec, SDSU's beat writer. I have been to Tulsa, and Memphis (South Carolina and Texas) but as some of you know I spent 16 years in Kansas City and I am here to tell you for me nothing beats Gates Bar-B-Q. Yum!

http://www.gatesbbq.com/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUalum

• Old Titan

• vcboy2000

• 89rabbit

Here is some mention of the game in Andy Katz's (ESPN) Weekend Watch article: (scroll down)

Weekend Watch

Katz's favorite nickname in college sports, huh. :jackrabbit: Who knew?

Guess that blows OT's earlier post out of the water. ;):D8)

Katz's favorite nickname in college sports, huh. :jackrabbit: Who knew?

Guess that blows OT's earlier post out of the water. ;):D8)

Oh, yeah - "YOU GOT ME!!"

Please: when Katz says "favorite", I'm betting it's with tongue planted firmly in cheek, like when folks say Dominique Morrison has one of their "favorite" hair styles in college basketball, that Metta World Peace is one of their "favorite" names in the NBA, or that Dick Trickle is their "favorite" NASCAR driver.

You have me confused with Terry Vandrovec, SDSU's beat writer. I have been to Tulsa, and Memphis (South Carolina and Texas) but as some of you know I spent 16 years in Kansas City and I am here to tell you for me nothing beats Gates Bar-B-Q. Yum!

http://www.gatesbbq.com/

My bad. I don't pay attention sometimes.

But, Gates? Better than Memphis Q? Boy, shut yo' mouth! HA!

The answer to Andy Katz's question is NO.....SDSU won't come to Tulsa and get a big road win tomorrow night...TheEagleman doesn't care if Wolters scores 50 (he won't)....the Jacks still will lose....DoMo has been strong the past 5-6 games and our balanced scoring is the key....expecting Tree and DBH to dominate inside and Niles to hit a few 3 balls.....this should be an up and down affair...lots of points.....expect the line to be about ORU -6.5.....coming down from that thin air in Utah won't help SDSU much....the only thing that could slow us down is maybe Yorkovich in the striped shirt....but that's unlikely so TheEagleman will give those points and predict ORU rolls to an 88-78 win and sole possession of first place in the Summit League..... ;-)

The answer to Andy Katz's question is NO.....SDSU won't come to Tulsa and get a big road win tomorrow night...TheEagleman doesn't care if Wolters scores 50 (he won't)....the Jacks still will lose....DoMo has been strong the past 5-6 games and our balanced scoring is the key....expecting Tree and DBH to dominate inside and Niles to hit a few 3 balls.....this should be an up and down affair...lots of points.....expect the line to be about ORU -6.5.....coming down from that thin air in Utah won't help SDSU much....the only thing that could slow us down is maybe Yorkovich in the striped shirt....but that's unlikely so TheEagleman will give those points and predict ORU rolls to an 88-78 win and sole possession of first place in the Summit League..... ;-)

And over-confidence!

With the schedule we've played and the game experiences we've had, I think the team knows that they can screw up big time by playing down to the competition and that they can also play with some pretty good ball clubs. All verbal sparring aside for a moment, we know that SDSU is a talented team. Nevertheless, if both teams bring their A game, ORU wins. Let's hope that happens. I want to see a quality game. After NDSU, my expectations have been raised. Good competition can raise the levels for our team and prepare us for the post-season. This is heady stuff!

No overconfidence on the part of TheEagleman.....SDSU is a good team and this will be a tough game....I am not expecting a rout.....SDSU will hang tough just like NDSU did last night....but in the end.....ORU will pull away and win....we are the better team and as OT has pointed out, we play the harder schedule....we have good solid leadership from our seniors.....a close game but yes.....TheEagleman predicts a win by 8-10 pts..... :nerd:

the difference between the two OOC SOS is worse when you consider that they have 2 non D-1 wins that do not factor into their 209th ranking (http://www.rpiforecast.com/live-rpi.html). by comparison ORU has 13 D-1 wins to SDSU's 11.

having said that, I think Wolters will have a big game and that ORU will pull it out late.

ORU 78 - SDSU 71

the difference between the two OOC SOS is worse when you consider that they have 2 non D-1 wins that do not factor into their 209th ranking (http://www.rpiforeca...m/live-rpi.html). by comparison ORU has 13 D-1 wins to SDSU's 11.

having said that, I think Wolters will have a big game and that ORU will pull it out late.

ORU 78 - SDSU 71

The RPI you quote has ORU at 61. SDSU at 67, and NDSU at 76. Tomorrow should be a good game. I am glad that it is only our 2nd game of the week, since we are on your floor, and I hope that ORU wants to run because we really like to run. We can go 9 deep when we need to.

can't remember when the mid-con/summit has had a match up w/two teams ranked this high. the good thing is that win or lose it won't hurt either teams RPI, but it would give SDSU a pretty good leg-up in the conference race to win on ORU's home court.

The guys are playing their 3rd game this week, but it's a big one. No way they aren't ready to play tonight. ORU consistently plays 8 deep. With fatigue being a factor in the second half. Mikey & Jake could see their minutes extended as long as they aren't a defensive liability.

Are many of the students back on campus today?....if so, perhaps we can expect some to attend tonights' game.....would be nice to have at least 4000 on a Saturday night in early January....it's gotta be better than going to see Tom Cruise in Misson Impossible..... |(

Are many of the students back on campus today?....if so, perhaps we can expect some to attend tonights' game... |(

I wouldn't expect many students tonight. As has been stated elsewhere, they can't even check into the dorms until Sunday. I would guess most will be returning to campus then.

That doesn't seem right...you would think with a big basketball game scheduled for tonight ORU would have opened the dorms on Saturday.....just plain dumb and is an indication of just how low sports is thought of at the University....how big a deal could it have been to open up the dorms at noon today?...very disappointing.... :n: ......ORU is a whopping 7.5 pt favorite over SDSU by the way.....that's at least a point or two higher than I thought it would be....but TheEagleman would still grab ORU....we are hot..... :nerd:

Blasphemy!

Kansas City??? The place that has no respect for BBQ'd Bologna?

Hypocrits!!! :lol:

Memphis, by-and-large, better BBQ!