ORU vs. Texas Tech

ORUTerry

Seriously. Not to get too off topic but Wednesday night church is so 20th century. :rofl: Choir practice? Who has a choir anymore? Drum kits, stratocastors and mesa boogie amps are the choirs of this new millinium and the band can jam on Saturday afternoon before the evening service starts. :rock: I haven't been to church on Wednesday night since the 90's.

Go Golden Eagle and the freedom of a grace filled 21st century!

Hilarious.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• theeagleman5

• ORUTerry

• oruvoice

Have you seen most of our fan base?

20th century? Geez, try 19th, for crying out loud!

Remember, I'm specifically talking about December, where Wednesday night is the night that PRACTICES are held for the Christmas program, with the choir, and the band, and the bell ringers, and the little kiddies dressed up like Mary and Joseph, etc. Plus the Youth Groups are doing their "Dirty Santa" parties, and the Ladies Small Groups are doing their "Gift Exchange", and everyone else is bagging canned goods for the food drive - the list goes on and on.

We should AVOID Wednesday night home games in December AT ALL COSTS. We're looking at around 2500 fans otherwise.

I hate to bring this thread back to the basketball game... |(

Normally I'm not the "glass half-empty" kind of guy - but I am concerned for tonight.

Home game after a three-game roadie which included ESPN coverage for every game and a win over a Top Ten* team. (the asterisk is for you, tmh!)

Most energized fan base in a long time, with a big crowd expected - and the opportunity to impress nominal fans into jumping on the bandwagon.

Christmas looming on the horizon, with many players more focused on heading home for a brief holiday break.

Huge respect factor: listed as a double-digit favorite over a Big 12 team.

This one has TRAP GAME written all over it.

I hope I'm dead wrong, but this is the year of making sausages and nothing's going to come easy. The team that showed up to play UALR and Southern Utah (both wins, by the way) should never make an appearance on the court again this season... especially tonight.

Best post by ANYONE in a loooong time. Thoughtful. Insightful. Well written.

And, I agree. As I said earlier, I will take a 1 point win tonight and be THRILLED!

Agree with TrueBlue that we have to bring the A game every game. I love the success the Eagles have enjoyed in the past week, but if you have seen any of our games this year and the way we have given away nice leads, every game has TRAP GAME written on it. The Eagles must play hard for 40 minutes, and especially the first five minutes of the 2H. Hopefully the guys are shooting as well and hustling as hard as they did in Cincy. That will get us another W. Go Eagles!

Normally I'm not the "glass half-empty" kind of guy - but I am concerned for tonight.

Home game after a three-game roadie which included ESPN coverage for every game and a win over a Top Ten* team. (the asterisk is for you, tmh!)

I'm honored to know I keep all of you guys entertained!

Most energized fan base in a long time, with a big crowd expected - and the opportunity to impress nominal fans into jumping on the bandwagon.

Christmas looming on the horizon, with many players more focused on heading home for a brief holiday break.

Huge respect factor: listed as a double-digit favorite over a Big 12 team.

This one has TRAP GAME written all over it.

I hope I'm dead wrong, but this is the year of making sausages and nothing's going to come easy. The team that showed up to play UALR and Southern Utah (both wins, by the way) should never make an appearance on the court again this season... especially tonight.

Man, Blue82 going "glass-half-empty" - whoda thunk?

To make it even scarier, I just have a funny feeling our guys are going to rise to the occasion tonight, and you know that's not my usual attitude.

The students are gone - far fewer distractions from girlfriends and other hangers-on.

Nice crowd is expected, which will be an exciting change of pace.

Plenty of time to rest since the team got back Monday, plus extra practice time with classes being out.

Any pre-Christmas visions of sugar plums in our guys heads are balanced out by the same thoughts in the Tech players noggins, who are additionally 500 miles from friends and family tonight.

Plus, I just like the match-up: Tech is not a very good defensive team, or rebounding team, and those are our strengths. I always love the better defensive team playing at home. We are also more experienced - some of these kids for Tech have only played in three road games in their college careers.

I think tonight could be a watershed game: I'm not sure we'll cover the (-13) spread that Vegas has thrown out there, but I really think we're all going to be pleased with the outcome tonight.

I thought the line would move, as many folks would take Texas Tech and the points.

The line HAS moved. But, to my surprise, in the other direction. It's now ORU by 14. WOW!

TheEagleman will take Texas Tech +13.5....but ORU wins by something like 70-63......hope it's a sellout!.... :nerd:

ORU looking real good in the first half....up 37-20 thanks to 16 TTU turnovers...balanced scoring by our guys DoMo leading with 10....Tree has been shutout and Craion only 2 as both have a couple of fouls but DBH, Niles and Pearson picking up the slack...also a nice 3 by Mangham.....hopefully we can hold on and win by double digits and avoid a collapse early in the 2nd half as we've been known to do....lots of empty seats in the gold section....TheEagleman thought it would be packed.....Christmas shopping???.... :nerd:

A very impressive win for ORU tonight....the best game that TheEagleman has seen us play so far this year....it was the DoMo show tonight as he took over when his team needed it....26 pts....Niles had 16 and DBH chipped in 11....Texas Tech not in the game really after an early 11-0 run...ORU hit 9 big threeballs and only had 11 turnovers to 20 for TTU.....we also had 23 FTs and were taking the ball to the hole....very impressive win as we go to 9-4 which i though just about impossible a month ago....what a fantastic start for ORU....a great Christmas present for us Blue and Gold fans.....HO HO HO!!!..... :clap: :clap: :clap: ....PS...also nice to see some fans in the seats but on TV it sounded like a very quiet crowd....I am guessing there were maybe 5500-6000 bodies in the seats....maybe 7000 tickets sold?....still, a nice turnout with the students on vacation..... :up:

By the way, TrueBlue....you were wrong about this being a Trap Game....ORU kicked butt.....of course, TheEagleman was also wrong....the Good Guys covered the 13.5 pt spread which cost me a small wager with a co-worker.....but I will gladly pay up....I didn't have enougt faith in my boys tonight..... :nerd:

Just over 8000 in attendance. A lot of seats in the blue were full. Empty seats in the gold were mainly unused but sold corporate tickets however it was an impressive crowd in person and there was a lot of energy in the arena, especially in the first half. Of course the maniacs were missed greatly but overall a great game.

It's good to see Niles gaining his shooting confidence. An impressive performance by DoMo who some key shots down the stretch to get our lead back to double digits.

Congrats to the marketing staff on the attendence....I wonder how many 2 for 1 tix they sold?....DoMo was dominating...he just took over in the 2nd half....and yes, Niles is looking better much better,,,,we will need Warren for the Summit League games......Tree had another game where he pulled a disappearing act...he's been inconsistant lately....we need him to step up his game.....and Craion continues to miss easy inside shots....but other than that....no complaints from TheEagleman....ORU looked strong tonight...the outcome was never in doubt after the first 10 minutes..... :nerd:

By the way, TrueBlue....you were wrong about this being a Trap Game....ORU kicked butt.....of course, TheEagleman was also wrong....the Good Guys covered the 13.5 pt spread which cost me a small wager with a co-worker.....but I will gladly pay up....I didn't have enougt faith in my boys tonight..... :nerd:

You are correct, Eagleman. I was dead wrong - just as I had hoped! :clap: