ORU vs. Texas Tech

ORUTerry

A quick review of the Texas Tech stats show:

Record: 5 - 4

Points per Game: 69.1

FG%: 49.2%

3-Pt FG%: 39.6% (average 4.7 made 3-pointers per game)

Assists per game: 12.6

Rebounds per game: 33.7 (ranked 243) and 8.1 offensive rebounds per game (ranked 333)

Turnovers per game: 17.2

Texas Tech shoots the ball well but seem to have trouble rebounding (though if they make shots there is less chance to grab a rebound) and they turn the ball over a lot.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• theeagleman5

• ORUTerry

• oruvoice

I was a bit surprised to find that RPIForecast.com gives us an 87% chance of winning tomorrow night, with a 13.3 point spread.

By the way, they are posting a TOTALLY IRRELAVENT RPI of 65 for us today . . .

Texas Tech is a good shooting team that runs hot and cold from the 3 point line - better at home than away. They do turn the ball over, but against TXAM-CC (2 games back) the Red Raiders only had 8 turnovers. Their top eight players consist of one senior, one junior, three sophomores and three freshmen - they are a young team. The three freshman combine for 28.3 ppg and 13.0 rpg. The leading scorer is Tolbert (6'7" freshman) who averages 14.0 ppg on 61.3 fg% with 6.2 rpg.

I anticipated us being about a 7-8 point favorite. 13 seems high.

Either way, I will be tickled with a 1-point win.

Also, looks like our boy MM is lining up a BIG crowd for tomorrow night. Somewhere in the 7,000-9,000 range.

I anticipated us being about a 7-8 point favorite. 13 seems high.

Either way, I will be tickled with a 1-point win.

Also, looks like our boy MM is lining up a BIG crowd for tomorrow night. Somewhere in the 7,000-9,000 range.

Just WIN, baby!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: congrats to Mike and his team. this is not an easy accomplishment during the holidays. he must really be humping it.

Stat Sheet Preview..LINK

These holiday games can be a little hard to figure out. It will basically comes down to how motivated (and not distracted) each team is. The most focused team will win the game.

Kudos to Minyard for working so hard to get a great crowd to the game on Thursday. This could go a long way to determining the outcome.

:clap: :clap: :clap: congrats to Mike and his team. this is not an easy accomplishment during the holidays. he must really be humping it.

Stat Sheet Preview..LINK

For future reference...please don't use MM and "humping" in the same sentence. Thanks in advance. :puke:

It will feel so good to fight crowds in the parking lot at Mabee Center once again! It's been too long! I can't wait to see this game! Maybe DBH will make another one of his signature 65-foot shots.

Props to Mike for all his hard work - really impressive!

I think playing this game on a Thursday provides an added bonus: December games on Wednesdays (church, youth, small groups, choir practice, etc.), and Saturdays (Christmas programs, concerts, and church/company parties) are really hard on attendance.

All it takes is one family member with a conflict on game night, and the entire household might end up staying away...

Props to Mike for all his hard work - really impressive!

I think playing this game on a Thursday provides an added bonus: December games on Wednesdays (church, youth, small groups, choir practice, etc.), and Saturdays (Christmas programs, concerts, and church/company parties) are really hard on attendance.

All it takes is one family member with a conflict on game night, and the entire household might end up staying away...

Our church has 50 tickets to each game that they give out to members for each game - most go unused when the game is on a Wednesday night.

OR maybe church needs to change their service . . . |(

Seriously. Not to get too off topic but Wednesday night church is so 20th century. :rofl: Choir practice? Who has a choir anymore? Drum kits, stratocastors and mesa boogie amps are the choirs of this new millinium and the band can jam on Saturday afternoon before the evening service starts. :rock: I haven't been to church on Wednesday night since the 90's.

Go Golden Eagle and the freedom of a grace filled 21st century!

I prefer a choir to a rock band, for church. But, hey I'm a little weird.

ORU did open as a 12.5 point favorite for tonight's game. Wonder when the last time (if ever) we've been a double digit favorite over a 'BCS' team?

And on a funny note, I posted about the game tonight on the TU message board, just for a few laughs, and the first two TU fans to respond, said that they might come to the game at Mabee tonight! HA!