ORU Signs BTW guard Korey Billbury

ORUHomer

Word on the street here at Oakland is one of your top players is leaving . Came from our women's team, wasn't going to say anything because I didn't believe it but this sure looks like something is up. Don't jump on me for this, telling u that it was spreading around here because and I have no idea how but someone at ORU told one of our women's players and she told someone who told someone and fifty someone's later I heard it, this is a message board and no one believes any of this stuff anyway

Hey Grizz, is this a former women's basketball player?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• ORUTerry

• bballmangc

• SOLO_Gold

Word on the street here at Oakland is one of your top players is leaving . Came from our women's team, wasn't going to say anything because I didn't believe it but this sure looks like something is up. Don't jump on me for this, telling u that it was spreading around here because and I have no idea how but someone at ORU told one of our women's players and she told someone who told someone and fifty someone's later I heard it, this is a message board and no one believes any of this stuff anyway

Word on the street here is that Reggie Hamilton is a cancer and Greg Kampe wears a toupee.

But, I would STILL never post something "fifty times removed" on YOUR message board.

Comprende?

Im real happy about signing this guy, more so than DJ...just feel we will be real solid at the point guard position in the coming years, lets just hope one of them arent a Darren Jordan/Reggie Guyton...I have a good feeling about Billbury

fifth hand rumor posted on a rival message board....bad form grizz.

Word on the street here is that Reggie Hamilton is a cancer and Greg Kampe wears a toupee.

But, I would STILL never post something "fifty times removed" on YOUR message board.

Comprende?

We're all throwing out rumors here, not sure why his rumor is any less valid than the ones we're making up, plus its not like he called out someone specifically.

My question is when will we know, what is the time frame that the rosters have to be set by? Could we go all summer not knowing?

Im real happy about signing this guy, more so than DJ...just feel we will be real solid at the point guard position in the coming years, lets just hope one of them arent a Darren Jordan/Reggie Guyton...I have a good feeling about Billbury

Just on stats seems like Billbury fits the description real close to a Ken Holdman type of player, Ken was a good scorer in high school as well.

We're all throwing out rumors here, not sure why his rumor is any less valid than the ones we're making up, plus its not like he called out someone specifically.

My question is when will we know, what is the time frame that the rosters have to be set by? Could we go all summer not knowing?

The short answer is yes; the longer one is that it would be hard to keep a major defection under wraps - and I doubt that there is any reason they would want to. They've already created quite a stir with fans with all these signings, and, at least initially, no available scholarships. At this point we know that Hunter and Tim aren't returning, so that gives us two - but who else isn't returning? Someone must not be.

Just on stats seems like Billbury fits the description real close to a Ken Holdman type of player, Ken was a good scorer in high school as well.

yea, I was thinking the same thing, I believe Billbury is a better shooter though from watching him

Made some inquiries regarding the "star transferring" rumor - it's a bunch of hoowie.

Could simply be something silly like one of our guys trying to impress a girl (or girls) on the Oakland women's team during the conference tournament with bold talk of taking his skills to a larger stage.

Who knows? In many cases like this, we're dealing with oversized children who's idea of contemplating the future ends with which party they plan to attend Saturday night.

Suffice it to say that, if every D-1 player who ever threatened to transfer just because he had a bad day ever DID follow through with it, the roster turnover in college basketball would produce enough static electricity to light up Las Vegas. 8-)

did they give you any additional insight into the roster shakeup (that you can share)?

Talk by our players on Twitter along the lines of what was posted by Reggie Hamilton at Oakland a few weeks ago is pretty commonplace. "Big decision to make this week" and "I've got to do what's right for me", and so on. I always wonder if they're talking basketball, but it could be about a girlfriend, or a class, or whether to have a burger or a salad for dinner.

A rumor could easily get started that way, though. I tend to take EVERYTHING on Twitter with a grain of salt.

OT....look, if I was trying to start something I would have posted it when I heard it. Also I would have said the kids name. I didn't do that and won't do that. You guys said you have 16 guys and so forth so I posted what I had heard and if you read the post I said I don't think it is true. I piut it out therer because this as a message board and if you had heard that about an Oakland player I would want to know it. All of you speculated on what Reggie tweeted, it's no different. Reggie is still here and my guess is your kid will be to

You can never have too many quality guards - especially those who can run the point.

OT....look, if I was trying to start something I would have posted it when I heard it. Also I would have said the kids name. I didn't do that and won't do that. You guys said you have 16 guys and so forth so I posted what I had heard and if you read the post I said I don't think it is true. I piut it out therer because this as a message board and if you had heard that about an Oakland player I would want to know it. All of you speculated on what Reggie tweeted, it's no different. Reggie is still here and my guess is your kid will be to

I see nothing wrong with Grizz telling us what he heard, it may be true or it may not be, he was just telling us that is what he had heard..to me it would be better to be ready for it instead of it just come out real shockingly, so I appreciate Grizz telling us, just hope it isn't true.

With 16 players tho something has to be up haha...it seems like the jenkins brothers may just be coming as walk-ons, that could be why it wasnt reported on the website...it seems like in the past walk-ons weren't reported on the website right off.....does anyone recall what happened when Mikey signed as a walk-on?