• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• ORUTerry

• bballmangc

• SOLO_Gold

wow, either the twins did not really sign or there are even more players leaving than already announced.

Hummmm....we just keep adding more pieces....that Sutton is a sharpie....maybe Coach has found a loophole and the NCAA has granted ORU 16 scholarships for next season?..... :P:razz::P

if you use firefox, try the add on NoScript. i have had no issue w/the pay wall at all.

wow, either the twins did not really sign or there are even more players leaving than already announced.

I would think the twins not really signing has to be the case now (or not qualifying).

1. Pearson

2. Niles

3. Morrison

4. Bell-Holter

5. Roundtree

6. Craion

7. Holdman

8. Stokes

9. Lliteras

10. Manghum

11. Angsomwine

12. Jackson

13. Obaseki

14. Billbury

15. Ra. Jenkins

16. Ro. Jenkins

Some time between now and the fall semester, that number will get paired down to 13. Lots of things happen over the summer: some current guy might decide to transfer (due to playing time or academic issues), or one or two of the new guys might not qualify academically.

Our coaches can count, and so can the players - it will all work out somehow.

I'm frankly much more concerned this summer with Craion's foot, Stokes' concussions, Niles' weight training, and Bell-Holter's defense.

MaxPrep ranks him the #5 SG in the state...#149 in the country

here is a write up from William Jennings from OUhoops.com...seems like a BIG time athlete

Korey Billbury seemingly had everything going in his favor entering the 2010-11 season. Identified as one of the top guard prospects in the state, the 6’2 senior was beginning to get heavy interest from mid major programs. Missouri State and Stephen F. Austin, two programs with strong Oklahoma ties on their staff targeted the Tulsa Washington combo guard as a potential piece in their 2011 recruiting classes.

The returning 5a state champion even had a scheduled visit for Stephen F. Austin and had hopes to sign with the Lumerbacks. Unfortunately Billbury has to put the Division One basketball aspirations on hold as, low grades on his transcript prevented the combo guard from signing a Division One scholarship.

Undaunted by the setback, Billbury pushed him on and off the court the rest of the season and played at a level that earned him the OUHoops.com/Prep Spotlight Tulsa area player of the Year. On a talented team that featured budding sophomore superstar in Juwan Parker and up and coming 2012 forward Phabian Glasco, the senior Hornet proved to be the engine that made Tulsa Washington go.

The 6 foot 2 guard is a prolific scorer off of the drive and also possesses the ability to be an effective perimeter shooter. His scoring powers led to an average of fifteen points while also grabbing five rebounds a contest. As the stage grew so did Billbury’s performance. During their three State Tournament wins over Carl Albert, Tulsa Memorial and El Reno, he scored a combined 54 points. 20 of those points came in the state title game victory against El Reno for the 2011 5A Boys State Tournament MVP.

With the season over, the power guard’s focus has turned back to recruiting. Earlier this year, Billbury had weighed the option of attending a prep school to gain eligibility for another chance at a division one scholarship. Its look like that window may have closed due to rumors that NCAA could ban post graduate prep schools and he would have to accept the junior college route.

Recently his fortunes have changed and the mid to high major prospect has gained eligibility for playing Division One basketball by taking intersession courses and earning an ACT score of 21. With news of Billbury now having a transcript needed to meet approval for the NCAA clearinghouse, his recruiting has picked up.

With an active coaching carousel right now, open scholarships should start popping up on rosters and the name Korey Billbury is now being brought up by staffs looking to add talent to depleted rosters. It looks like the standout guard is en route to proving that hard work on and off the court can pay off for a dream of playing major college basketball.

Interesting Family Dynamic: Billbury’s Division One aspirations may be hereditary with many talented members on his family tree: Lee Mayberry ex Arkansas and Memphis Grizzly star, Ebi Ere, ex Oklahoma All Conference player, and Don Hedge, ex Montana University standout.

thats a good point...Stokes may not be back next year b/c the concussions

Kyron is definitely coming back. Confirmed.

Kyron is definitely coming back. Confirmed.

Has anyone confirmed that Rod Pearson is going to use the extra year of eligibility?..yes he got the extra year, but I wonder if he is going to use it, he's already been in school 5years....just trying to think of possible situations lol, I asked some of the players and they dont even know lol

from the ORUGoldenEagles.com web site:

Men’s Basketball Signs Booker T. Washington Star Korey Billbury

TULSA—Korey Billbury, a 6-2, 185-pound guard from two-time Oklahoma state champion Booker T. Washington in Tulsa, has signed a National Letter-of-Intent to play basketball at Oral Roberts in 2011-12, ORU head coach Scott Sutton announced on Wednesday.

Billbury is just ORU’s second-ever signee from Booker T. Washington, a program which has won 14 Oklahoma boys basketball state championships since 1973. The first was former BTW head coach Nate Harris, who played at ORU from 1969-71.....

Read the rest of the story at ORUGoldenEagles.com.

Word on the street here at Oakland is one of your top players is leaving . Came from our women's team, wasn't going to say anything because I didn't believe it but this sure looks like something is up. Don't jump on me for this, telling u that it was spreading around here because and I have no idea how but someone at ORU told one of our women's players and she told someone who told someone and fifty someone's later I heard it, this is a message board and no one believes any of this stuff anyway

Word on the street here at Oakland is one of your top players is leaving . Came from our women's team, wasn't going to say anything because I didn't believe it but this sure looks like something is up. Don't jump on me for this, telling u that it was spreading around here because and I have no idea how but someone at ORU told one of our women's players and she told someone who told someone and fifty someone's later I heard it, this is a message board and no one believes any of this stuff anyway

Anything is possible. I could give you reasons to think it could be any one of our starters last season. May not be anyone, either. Time will tell.

The thing is, if that rumor is floating around up there, you couldn't keep it under wraps here for very long, either. If it's true, we'll know soon enough. Do you have a name to go with the claim? I assume you're talking about a men's team member.

Excerpt from orugoldeneagles.com:

Billbury shot 52 percent from the field as a senior, including 46 percent from 3-point range. He earned third team All-State and second-team All-Metro honors from the Tulsa World, and The Daily Oklahoman named him to their 5A All-State first team.

Wow! That is an improvement over his junior year (46% FG and 32% 3-pt %). His senior year numbers are very impressive and certainly explain why his recruiting service rankings were so high. Other teams cooled on him due to grades but once he got his ACT scores, the ORU coaches were ready! This is a great signing and I love that he is a Tulsa area player from BTW.