Sutton mentioned w/Mizzou job

ORUalum

Even though Tulsa plays in C-USA, their program is not that much better than ORU's right now, and their offer would probably be around the same amount as Bradley's.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• ORUalum

• Old Titan

• darrenj

yep, either this guy is getting bad info or scott is ready to move on.

I honestly don't mind Scott looking around. He's done well at ORU, and may be ready to test his ability at the next level. If that is the case, he will be missed but I will be happy for him.

The guy lost me when he mentioned Tulsa.... that would be a huge shock to me. Sutton is not a fan of TU.

The guy lost me when he mentioned Tulsa.... that would be a huge shock to me. Sutton is not a fan of TU.

I'm not so sure the TU faithful are much of a fan of Scott, either.

And I'm not quite sure why: could be that he's been an adversary for too long (they've never forgiven him for beating their 2000 Elite Eight team), could be the family name (Eddie and Sean not exactly fan favorites at 11th & Harvard, either), or could be the unpleasant reminder of Scott's association with the two biggest local fish TU ever let get away (Caleb and HWSNBN).

For whatever reason, just don't think TU fans view Scott in the same light as Bill Self when he went over to The Dark Side. But ya never know...

So, basically after 3 days and a 3 page thread, we know nothing |(

I guess we could give it another week and just see how it all shakes out.

Naaaaaah! What's the fun in that.

Speculate, read the blogs, speculate, post, speculate...

is that close to the correct procedure?

Now I'LL play the devil's advocate for a moment ... could Scott BECOME more of a TU fan living in the same house; having children attend the same school; living in the same distance from parents/grandparents, brothers/sisters and brothers/sisters-in-law; having members of his staff get a nice bump in pay, too, and entertain an offer from TU equivalent to the Bradley job (mentioned as doubling his salary)? Might the grass suddenly look greener on the other side? It did for Bill Self and that seems to have worked out well.

I certainly hope not, of course. Like many others, I hope he will stay here a long, long time. And others have already expressed willingness to emotionally "release" Scott to some other big step/bigger named school and to send him off with our blessings. I can do that, too... but much more reluctantly (if at all) to TU. TCU? WSU? Bradley? Mizzou? Yeah. TU? Uh, okay, I take it back. I don't think so. Please no.

So, basically after 3 days and a 3 page thread, we know nothing |(

I guess we could give it another week and just see how it all shakes out.

Naaaaaah! What's the fun in that.

Speculate, read the blogs, speculate, post, speculate...

is that close to the correct procedure?

That's what message boards are for, Big Eddie!!

Now I'LL play the devil's advocate for a moment ... could Scott BECOME more of a TU fan living in the same house; having children attend the same school; living in the same distance from parents/grandparents, brothers/sisters and brothers/sisters-in-law; having members of his staff get a nice bump in pay, too, and entertain an offer from TU equivalent to the Bradley job (mentioned as doubling his salary)? Might the grass suddenly look greener on the other side? It did for Bill Self and that seems to have worked out well.

I certainly hope not, of course. Like many others, I hope he will stay here a long, long time. And others have already expressed willingness to emotionally "release" Scott to some other big step/bigger named school and to send him off with our blessings. I can do that, too... but much more reluctantly (if at all) to TU. TCU? WSU? Bradley? Mizzou? Yeah. TU? Uh, okay, I take it back. I don't think so. Please no.

Naaaaaaaaaah!!!!

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but would Scott want to coach at Mizzou with Self at KU? It's tough enough to coach against your friend/mentor etc. in one game, or even in conference games, but to coach against him in a cutthroat rivalry like that? Especially when losses by either one to the other could mean their job? (see Sean Sutton)

Scott has shown that those things probably factor in more than salary or stature (right now), that "dream job" will always be out there...

I hope there isn't an ounce of truth to the rumor. I can't imagine a more repulsive scenario.

I guess we'll never know unless the Woj moves on and SS bolts or if he publicly comes out and denounces the rumor.

GT has offered the dayton coach. looks like dougie isn't going anywhere.

LINK

GT has offered the dayton coach. looks like dougie isn't going anywhere.

LINK

Let's see if he takes the job. The few comments on that site indicate that Dayton fans are not happy with him and would like to see him go to Georgia Tech. If he does go, will Wojcik be a candidate for the Dayton job?

Just another example of the grass not beeing greener on the other side of the fence. Both the Tulsa and Dayton fans are ready to boot their current coaches and can't wait to see them take another job.

Let's see if he takes the job. The few comments on that site indicate that Dayton fans are not happy with him and would like to see him go to Georgia Tech. If he does go, will Wojcik be a candidate for the Dayton job?

Just another example of the grass not beeing greener on the other side of the fence. Both the Tulsa and Dayton fans are ready to boot their current coaches and can't wait to see them take another job.

Dayton is not a step-up from TU in my opinion. Plus supposedly Doug has some pretty salty players coming in for next year. Rumors also say that if the Dayton coach does not take the GT job (I would expect that he will take it) then Doug Wojcik is their 2nd choice.

Sutton to TU?.... :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D ....better chance of Sarah Palin switching to the Democratic party..... :wacko::wacko::wacko: