• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• ORUalum

• Old Titan

• darrenj

Maybe this has been brewing for a while. That could explain why we "let" Missouri win this season.

Lots of "talk" about the coaching change for Mizzou at TigerBoard.com, but it has little bearing in reality, I'm sure. Scott's name is mentioned a couple of times, but doesn't seem to be one of the top candidates in the eyes of board members.

maybe i'm doing something wrong, but that has to be the worst message board ever...impossible to read when you have to click on every post in a thread.

here is a write-up on coach sutton w/a poll on it. currently about 4 to 1 against hiring sutton. i think they want a big time name.

Mizzou Basketball Coaching Search: Scott Sutton

Does anyone out there think that Scott Sutton really wants to deal with the pressure cooker that the Big 12 and Missouri brings....This is not meant as a knock on Coach Sutton but TheEagleman has never had the impression that Scott deals really well with that type of stuff...he seems like a nice guy....good recruiter....good x and o coach....very low key....but he often looks really nervous and sweating on the bench in the big games....now granted, I do not know him and have never met the man....just an observation from what I see on TV.....Scott Sutton pretty much has a lifetime job at ORU if he wants it...a very nice mid range six figure salary....nice house and family loves Tulsa...his wife is from T-town, right?....staff and student body worship the guy....he's a fixture in the Summit League and a big fish is the preverbial small pond....very little pressure in this job other than what he puts on himself to win.....it's a dream job....life is good.....the alternative?....move to Columbia for say $1million per year and all that pressure from alumni to recruit and win in the Big 12?.....I just don't see it and the extra $$$ isn't worth it.....meanwhile, his older brother takes over the "dream job" with low pressure at ORU and ends up a happier man than he was at the OSU pressure cooker.....geez....just think about it....Scott Sutton ain't going anywhere..... :ugeek:

maybe i'm doing something wrong, but that has to be the worst message board ever...impossible to read when you have to click on every post in a thread.

here is a write-up on coach sutton w/a poll on it. currently about 4 to 1 against hiring sutton. i think they want a big time name.

Mizzou Basketball Coaching Search: Scott Sutton

Interestng - not a popular choice among fans, but the writer likes him - "This would not be an obvious home run hire . . . but I wouldn't complain at all with this hire."

Also, did we know about this kid - Andrew Wilson? I guess he's really not in the fold yet, and has offers from several programs - but he should definitely be added to our "Recruits" thread - if we have one right now!!

Does anyone out there think that Scott Sutton really wants to deal with the pressure cooker that the Big 12 and Missouri brings....This is not meant as a knock on Coach Sutton but TheEagleman has never had the impression that Scott deals really well with that type of stuff...he seems like a nice guy....good recruiter....good x and o coach....very low key....but he often looks really nervous and sweating on the bench in the big games....now granted, I do not know him and have never met the man....just an observation from what I see on TV.....Scott Sutton pretty much has a lifetime job at ORU if he wants it...a very nice mid range six figure salary....nice house and family loves Tulsa...his wife is from T-town, right?....staff and student body worship the guy....he's a fixture in the Summit League and a big fish is the preverbial small pond....very little pressure in this job other than what he puts on himself to win.....it's a dream job....life is good.....the alternative?....move to Columbia for say $1million per year and all that pressure from alumni to recruit and win in the Big 12?.....I just don't see it and the extra $$$ isn't worth it.....meanwhile, his older brother takes over the "dream job" with low pressure at ORU and ends up a happier man than he was at the OSU pressure cooker.....geez....just think about it....Scott Sutton ain't going anywhere..... :ugeek:

I would hate to see it happen, but the paper keeps reminding me of Sutton's statement how it would have to be "a very special situation". I have always taken that to mean Big 12 (sorry 10) or even SEC. I don't think OU will be calling, but I am thinking Sooners, Pigs or Tigers would be "very special" given Scott's family history. Who wouldn't want to follow in their father's footsteps considering that's why he got into coaching? OSU is never going to happen under the current leadership, but the Big 12 (sorry 10) would be the next best thing to a homecoming.

Of course, all of that may have changed since witnessing Sean's treatment. Only Scott can decide whether he thinks he can be successful jumping into the pressure cooker and at the same time protect the quality family he appears to desire.

Blessings either way, God's speed!

Well said, Justa.... :up: .....but TheEagleman still thinks it would be a mistake if he leaves ORU.....I just don't see it....unless something happened with the ORU administration where Coach Sutton no longer felt comfortable or welcome....I think he values what he has at ORU....and approx. $400K per year isn't chicken feed..... :wink:

Interestng - not a popular choice among fans, but the writer likes him - "This would not be an obvious home run hire . . . but I wouldn't complain at all with this hire."

Also, did we know about this kid - Andrew Wilson? I guess he's really not in the fold yet, and has offers from several programs - but he should definitely be added to our "Recruits" thread - if we have one right now!!

ORU and TU both were in on "Drew" Wilson since his early high school days - he signed with Cuonzo Martin and Missouri State back in November. He's a player, that's for sure.

Drew Wilson thread on MO State message board

Be nice to get back in on him if Martin leaves. Would be a nice addition.

Wouldn't be the first guy we snaked from the Bears: Ken Holdman & Damen Bell-Holter were both MSU commits, but changed their minds when Barry Hinson was fired.

"A current major college head coach told me today that Scott Sutton, despite multiple reports, will not be under consideration for the job. Yesterday I reported that Sutton had recently interviewed with Bradley and subsequently pulled himself out of the search process for the job."

Sportsbybrooks

Wouldn't be the first guy we snaked from the Bears: Ken Holdman & Damen Bell-Holter were both MSU commits, but changed their minds when Barry Hinson was fired.

I'd forgotten that Kenny had signed with them as well. Good call, OT.

"A current major college head coach told me today that Scott Sutton, despite multiple reports, will not be under consideration for the job. Yesterday I reported that Sutton had recently interviewed with Bradley and subsequently pulled himself out of the search process for the job."

Sportsbybrooks

You sure do find some great stuff, alum. Glad we've got you on board!!

Sports by Brooks

Tulsa Coach Doug Wojcik interviewed with Georgia Tech on Thursday.

Scott Sutton was offered $725,000 by Bradley, almost double his ORU salary, and still turned job down. Heard Sutton has interest in Tulsa and Wichita State.

Sports by Brooks

Tulsa Coach Doug Wojcik interviewed with Georgia Tech on Thursday.

Scott Sutton was offered $725,000 by Bradley, almost double his ORU salary, and still turned job down. Heard Sutton has interest in Tulsa and Wichita State.

That line would lead you to wonder if this guy has any idea what he's talking about.

The other thing is, with all that's going on in the coaching world right now, why is this guy so focused on Scott?

That line would lead you to wonder if this guy has any idea what he's talking about.

The other thing is, with all that's going on in the coaching world right now, why is this guy so focused on Scott?

Another thing - why would Scott want Wichita State NOW, when he could have had it a couple years ago - and why would they be interested in him after they were snubbed?

I guess you never know the thought processes. If "Brooks" has a clue, though, it would appear that Scott's looking around.