• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• ORUalum

• Old Titan

• darrenj

The most positive thing about this situation is that Missouri has to be move quickly on a new coach. Mizzou, in my book, could qualify as that "special" situation, so if they really are interested this could be a bad thing for Golden Eagle nation.

The most positive thing about this situation is that Missouri has to be move quickly on a new coach. Mizzou, in my book, could qualify as that "special" situation, so if they really are interested this could be a bad thing for Golden Eagle nation.

OT could get that coaching mobility he's been looking for . . . :wink:

IF what that guys says is true, and it very well could be, it would be a really good opportunity for Scott. Couldn't really blame him for jumping at it, if offered.

I think DJ will be very pleasant surprise for the ORU faithful next year.

Couldn't blame Scott if he got the Missouri job as that is big step up in pay and would have a loaded team next year.

That would be a big difference than what Barry got left with when he went to Missouri St.

I think DJ will be very pleasant surprise for the ORU faithful next year.

Couldn't blame Scott if he got the Missouri job as that is big step up in pay and would have a loaded team next year.

That would be a big difference than what Barry got left with when he went to Missouri St.

. . . and also what Barry left for Scott here at ORU. I've thought many times that Barry got out when the getting was good - his star wasn't likely to rise any higher any time soon with the group he had left at ORU.

. . . and also what Barry left for Scott here at ORU. I've thought many times that Barry got out when the getting was good - his star wasn't likely to rise any higher any time soon with the group he had left at ORU.

Chris Gervino is a Tulsa native... grew up at 71st & Lewis.

If Missouri offers Sutton, no way he turns that down right? That would be ultimate loyalty there. But I don't think even as loyal as Sutton has shown would he turn down the Mizzou job. I wonder if he has come up on OU's radar at all?

If Missouri offers Sutton, no way he turns that down right? That would be ultimate loyalty there. But I don't think even as loyal as Sutton has shown would he turn down the Mizzou job. I wonder if he has come up on OU's radar at all?

I think you're right, bballmangc, and everyone would send Scott off with our blessing. Most everyone I know would wish the he would stay, but understand why he would go.

Mizzou is looking for somebody who has never lost to Self. :grin:

• Upvote 1

Think what it would say about ORU that our last three coaches left on their own terms to Tulsa, Missouri State, and Missouri?

How many other low-majors could claim something similar over that span?

We've had Scott about twice as long as I thought we would - or maybe even deserved, considering salaries out there.

If he was to leave for Missouri, how could ANYONE not be happy for him?

as loyal as he has been to ORU, if this is the job he wants i really hope he gets it.

oh, by the way, guess who will be in KC today if anyone from columbia wanted to drive over to talk w/him.

Just got the call coach Sutton will b n town tomorrow !

Scott Sutton status, around 10:00 a.m. this morning:

"Hitting the road this afternoon. Doing some recruiting today."

Scott Sutton Twitter page

Hopefully, it's for us! :rofl:

I don't think he is on the radar for Missouri. Got to go get another big for ORU next year.

Does this mean the DBH will not return for his junior year?

Does this mean the DBH will not return for his junior year?

Think "bench" and "red-shirt player"

Now that would really make the folks at Missouri st. happy!! Wow they would be more than a little upset if that happened.