Men's Basketball Accepts Invitation to CollegeInsider.com Tournament

tmh8286

I can't imagine that South Dakota, or whoever gets the Great West auto bid, is going to pony up the $31,500 to host. They'll likely be a road team like last year. I'm holding out hope that we either move to Wednesday night at SMU or head to Denton against UNT. Of course, UTSA or Sam Houston St. would be even closer for me, but I'd like to keep it convenient for the Tulsa fans.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• ORUTex

• theeagleman5

Well there goes my meeting everyone and having dinner plans!!

Maybe you guys can meet in the middle in Nacogdoches. Stephen F. Austin is 18-11!

Here is a Wikipedia page that shows teams that are currently committed to playing in the 2011 CIT:

2011 CollegeInsider.com Tournament (Wikipedia)

Right now, ORU is the only road team within driving range to SMU - would have to assume the CIT will not pick a team Sunday night that would have to fly to Dallas on such short notice.

Stephen F. Austin could conceivably be an NIT team.

If you search "Oral Roberts" on Twitter you'll see that multiple people are announcing that SMU is hosting us on Wednesday night. It seems like a pretty safe bet.

ORU vs the Mustangs of SMU?...the Penecostals vs Methodists?...sounds like a good shot at our first post season win since 1975...... ;-)

ORU vs the Mustangs of SMU?...the Penecostals vs Methodists?...sounds like a good shot at our first post season win since 1975...... ;-)

Rider University in Trenton, NJ has announced they are playing in the CIT - that makes 12 teams in so far.

Also, The Great West Conference championship game tonight between South Dakota and North Dakota will produce the only automatic qualifier into the CIT. Hopefully, the winner of that border war will be sent to some place like Northern Iowa, and won't host... :sweat:

Twitter is blowing up with ORU vs. SMU announcements.

Actual facts, or just ORU message board suppositions coming home to roost?

TheEagleman is one guy who would love an ORU trip to nearby Trenton, NJ to play vs. Rider U.....but that would be a long bus ride for you Tulsans.....probably not gonna happen.... :P

CIT field of 24 filling up:

Furman

Air Force

Oral Roberts

Idaho

San Francisco

Portland

Northern Iowa

Hawaii

SMU

Santa Clara

Quinnipiac

Rider

Northern Arizona

Tennessee Tech

Marshall*

Davidson*

East Tennessee State*

South Dakota/North Dakota@

Creighton$

* Invitation extended - awaiting possible NIT invite

@ Winner of Great West championship game Saturday night

$ Between CIT and CBI

It would be great to see Creighton and TU in the CollegeInsider bracket, pretty solid field so far.

Add Buffalo and Great West champion North Dakota to the confirmed CIT list - that makes 16 so far; 8 to go.

North Dakota clipped South Dakota by two in double overtime to earn the Great West automatic bid - like those two needed one more reason to amp up their rivalry.