Men's Basketball Accepts Invitation to CollegeInsider.com Tournament

tmh8286

I'd love to see either UNI or North Texas - both mid-majors with solid reputations.

Agreed. The field for this tourney is shaping up pretty well. Either one of those teams would be a quality opponent. And it also never hurts for the Summit to get a victory over the Missouri Valley no matter the circumstances.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• ORUTex

• theeagleman5

Add Idaho (WAC) and San Francisco (WCC) to the list - they will play against each other at USF.

I've also heard that the following schools have been invited, but not yet accepted:

East Tennessee State, Tennessee Tech, Furman, Marshall, Air Force, and Davidson.

Air Force and Furman are locked in now, and there's also the Great West automatic berth- semifinals have Utah Valley vs. South Dakota and Houston Baptist vs. North Dakota

I suspect it will be someone in the DFW area.... UNT, SMU, TCU or TX-Arlington

Maybe a few more upsets can happen in conference tournaments and we can get ORU vs Valpo...

I would love to beat up on Valpo for old time sake. :devil:

I like the Dallas area! Maybe SMU? Think that would be a good guess!

When "darrenj" talks, people listen.

Or, at least, this people does...

SMU Mustangs in Moody Coliseum on Tuesday night sounds good to me! :clap:

Agreed. Love idea of a Texas Game. SMU would be a fun game. If they won't play us in the regular season, perhaps this tourney could make them play us.

The CIT requires teams to be at least .500, and TCU and UT-Arlington are well below that. And if darrenj says SMU, I'm making travel plans!

Air Force and Furman are locked in now, and there's also the Great West automatic berth- semifinals have Utah Valley vs. South Dakota and Houston Baptist vs. North Dakota

Everyone likes the idea of a game in the Metroplex - which would be awesome. But we also have to consider the darkside possibilities - think of the irony of South Dakota winning the Great West and hosting their future Summit rival ORU. It could happen... :sweat:

HA! Don't quote on the SMU thing but i think it makes sense and they really try to keep teams pretty close. If so come on down 75 and we can meet for dinner before the game.

I'm down for the Dallas trip and pre-game dinner with fellow message board posters.

Everyone likes the idea of a game in the Metroplex - which would be awesome. But we also have to consider the darkside possibilities - think of the irony of South Dakota winning the Great West and hosting their future Summit rival ORU. It could happen... :sweat:

That may explain the early pairings. Looking at previous years brackets, I guess this tournament puts teams together mostly by location, I thought it may be like the Bracketbuster where there's an RPI element. With Northern Iowa and Air Force in the mix, add in one more Valley team (possibly Creighton?), and the fact that ORU got in early will hopefully keep us from the nightmare scenario of a 3rd trip to South Dakota in one season.

SMU has confirmed they are participating in the CIT, but on WEDNESDAY night, against "an opponent to be determined Sunday night".

ORU's press release yesterday said we're playing on Tuesday night.

SMU Men's Basketball Accepts Invitation to CollegeInsider.com Tournament

Interesting, I wonder if they would play another Metroplex team, or someone close by, leaving us out?

SMU has confirmed they are participating in the CIT, but on WEDNESDAY night, against "an opponent to be determined Sunday night".

ORU's press release yesterday said we're playing on Tuesday night.

SMU Men's Basketball Accepts Invitation to CollegeInsider.com Tournament

Man, OT, you're like our won private CIT CSI !!!