Men's Basketball To Announce "Exciting News" (Tulsa World)

Old Titan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• oruvoice

• donkeylarry

• vcboy2000

Top Posters In This Topic

OT wins the bonus points (again)...

Hey, I just got it from the Tulsa World website - it appears they talked to Sean earlier today.

Honestly, this is not the news I expected - thought for sure Dr. Rutland's involvement meant something of a big financial nature.

On the face, this is a bold (it somewhat predictable) move for all parties involved - remains to be seen over the coming months and even years what it truly means for Sean, Scott and ORU Basketball.

I'd love to hear a recording of the press conference. Hopefully they'll post the statement as well as the questions and answers from the media.

13287000_BG2.jpg

Sean Sutton's official title will be Executive Advisor to the coaching staff. NCAA limits teams to three full-time assistants, so he will not be able to give direct instruction to players, but will be able to watch practice, break down film and advise the coaching staff.

http://www.ktul.com/Global/story.asp?S=13287000

The navy and vegas gold looks good on him.

"We represent a God of a second chance". Well said, and, good thing for that in my life.

Best of luck to Sean and good for the ORU program to bring him in.

I think this is great news. But, how are we paying for this created position for Sean? Doesn't seem consistent with Rutland's streamlining of the budget.

I don't think he is being paid by ORU. Sean had a ten year payout from OSU and I think he has about 8 years remaining on that contract.

Sounded to me that it wasn't about money, but offering a chance for a guy to get his life back on track. No better place for Sean to do that than with his best friend and with a university that wasn't afraid to publicly stand for what it advertises to be. I'm sure there will be a 6 month period (or so) trial for both parties then see where we go from there. Hopefully it translates to more wins, more recruits and more recognition and money for the university and this works out long term for everyone.

All the best, Sean!!

I don't think he is being paid by ORU. Sean had a ten year payout from OSU and I think he has about 8 years remaining on that contract.

I guess money is not an issue then. Wow. I wouldn't mind getting fired like that.

Great move and one that TheEagleman wondered aloud about back in August....makes sense for us and a great opportunity for redemption for Sean....and it's even better that ORU gets the benefit of Sean's basketball knowledge while OSU foots the bill....I am very proud of my alma mater giving Sean Sutton a 2nd chance....we serve a God of 2nd chances and so it's only right that Scott and ORU give his brother a shot at redeeming his life and career..... :clap::clap::clap:

Great move and one that TheEagleman wondered aloud about back in August....makes sense for us and a great opportunity for redemption for Sean....and it's even better that ORU gets the benefit of Sean's basketball knowledge while OSU foots the bill....I am very proud of my alma mater giving Sean Sutton a 2nd chance....we serve a God of 2nd chances and so it's only right that Scott and ORU give his brother a shot at redeeming his life and career..... :clap::clap::clap:

Maybe your BEST post ever, Eagleman! :clap: