2010-1011 Men's Basketball Schedule

LarryL

While I agree with recent posts, I also understand that the realities of basketball scheduling for ORU make it impossible to please everyone. The challenges of building a schedule that will test a team, but not overwhelm them, balance home and away schedules, maximize opportunities for neutral court tournament games, mix in some guarantee games to maintain the budget, visit locations in prime recruiting areas, and minimize games around finals week, all while losing a prime "non-conference" weekend in December due to Summit League scheduling - is a daunting task. Overall, I think ORU has put together an EXCELLENT schedule for 2010-11 that has just about everything (except December home games).

It is what it is - and I think the athletic department is to be commended for the effort. It doesn't mean that it's perfect (and we, the most diehard fans, will be the first to point that out), but let's face the fact that it never will be perfect!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• oruvoice

Understood, Blue....but sorry....Mike Carter/Scott Sutton should have their heads examined for not having at least one or two home games between 11/24 and 12/28.....it's pure suicide....now if they come home for that 12/28 game vs. WIU at 9-4 or better....TheEagleman promises to eat crow....but if they come back 4-9......oh boy.......... :sweat:

• 2 months later...
Good to see that OU has a game on the Thursday before meeting us in Norman. I hope that we're ready to surprise them in mid-December (we'll be past finals and they will be going into their finals) and to show CJ Washington that he made a mistake!!

Division II Chaminade beats OU, 68-64

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20101124_92_0_LAHAIN215448