2010-1011 Men's Basketball Schedule

LarryL

How many Roger State schools do you want on the schedule?

Oh, I don't know: how about one?? :|

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• oruvoice

I agree, everyone complains about students not attending the games....it would be even worse if we had Rogers state type teams coming in every night...students want to see big name schools....thas why I like the home and home arrangement as well...best way to do it....and yea way may get a few more losses, but the team is also better prepared wen tha tourny begins. I know the players like to play the big name schools as well, they were really happy wen we were goin to play NC

The SDSU guy did make me think to pose a question: Wouldn't one good OOC away game (OU, Kansas, Texas, etc) pay for about 3 D-1 home games? Just wondering.

SDSUJacks' posts were off-topic and was moved to the Summit League board.

My bad. Is it b/c I brought up our football team?

SDSUJacks' posts were off-topic and was moved to the Summit League board.

:up: thanks TMH, looking forward to the season

We are still over 3 months away but TheEagleman is already salivating for some college roundball.....for me, this season is one of the most anticipated in the past few years for ORU because of potential excitement brought to the table by Hunter McClintock and the maturation of guys like Warren Niles and Damon Bel-Holter....plus, TheEagleman expects Craion, Morrison and Stokes to up their games this season....having injured guys back healthy is going to be huge and hopefully Pearson, McClintock and Morton will be close to 100% by the season opener....it's always tough to predict with major knee surgeries and most medical experts say it takes 12-18 months to fully recover....since all 3 of those injuries are just going to be at the one year mark come the start of the season, we have no way of knowing what to expect here in July.....but the success of the ORU team this year just may depend on the health of those guys....Since I expect Morrison and Craion to be givens....the keys to this season in my eyes are Niles, McClintocK and DBH.....gotta get major production from those guys and also from a big man on the bench....Nasarre or Morton will have to step up and provide 10-15 quality minutes if DBH gets in foul trouble....and DBH needs to learn to play smart because of the whistle happy Summit refs....not sure TheEagleman can wait another 3 months but I will have to do it....any idea if our home games will be on Fox Sports Channel again this year?....if not, TheEagleman might not want to live.....although that might please a few on this board..... ;)

In a word, YES!! The topic is the 2010-11 mens's BASKETBALL schedule, meaning ORU'S men's basketball schedule. It's not about SDSU's football schedule. There are more appropriate places for that discussion - that's why I moved it.

Who says that TheEagleman can't get an ORU basketball fix in July?....ORU-WIU is on Fox Sports Channel right now....unfortunately, that game was an ugly home loss....and it's not much better the 2nd time around..... :P

Who says that TheEagleman can't get an ORU basketball fix in July?....ORU-WIU is on Fox Sports Channel right now....unfortunately, that game was an ugly home loss....and it's not much better the 2nd time around..... :P

Now why did they have to choose THAT game to play??? Why couldn't they have played ORU/New Mexico? That one would have left the Eagleman in a happier frame of mind.

Ya know, TMH....I thought EXACTLY that as I was watching the game....why not the New Mexico or Missouri games which were big upset wins....Even the close TU and Oakland losses would have been a lot more exciting....the Western Illinois loss was perhaps the biggest egg laid by ORU all season.... |(

LOL - like some total geek who gets shot down by a good-looking babe in a bar, wondering if his after shave was the problem.

The SDSU guy did make me think to pose a question: Wouldn't one good OOC away game (OU, Kansas, Texas, etc) pay for about 3 D-1 home games? Just wondering.

Probably but they athletic department use the money to fund other sports as well as basketball and not just break even in Men's BBall.

Probably but they athletic department use the money to fund other sports as well as basketball and not just break even in Men's BBall.

The money earned by men's and women's basketball "guarantee games" is critical to supplementing their respective budgets, and is used for everything to recruiting expenses, team travel, early-season international exhibition trips, even renovations (such as to the locker rooms at Mabee Center).

• 1 month later...

The Golden Eagle website has updated our schedule. Our first game will be against Drury (D-2?) on November 2. I don't know much about this team, but I guess the schedule is complete now. I checked their website and didn't find our game listed there yet.

Drury University is a D-II school up in Missouri as I recall....not a bad little program....ORU has played them in soccer but not sure we have ever played them in basketball....should be a good game for us to shake off the rust and warm up for a tester with Rogers State....we were fortunate to beat Rogers the last time as I believe....the Nov-Dec portion of this schedule is going to be tough...gotta win some of these road games because if we are 3-10 at Christmas....well, it could be a long season....TheEagleman still thinks we will find a way to win a few of those games....7-6 or 6-7 wouldn't be too bad when the boys return to Mabee Center after the holidays....I would take it..... :sweat:

We played AT Drury in 1991. I recall that game fondly. At the time, I was doing the color commentary for the ORU basketball radio broadcasts. That game, the legendary Jeff Brucculeri's voice went out, so I took over the play-by-play duties...I would give my left arm for an audio copy of that game.