SDSU vs. ORU Championship Game

theeagleman5

Panoramic view of J.L. Johnson Stadium during Summit League Tournament Championship Game, May 29, 2010, from balcony outside the Grand Slam Room. I made this by joining eight pics, using Microsoft Image Composit Editor (ICE), a free and very easy to use "stitching" program - I highly recommend it!

summitleaguebaseballtou.jpg

Full Size

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

• ManiacAlum

JLJ is Very Beautiful and a class facility that reflects well on ORU.....and they want to move the tournament to South Dakota State next year?......I can just envison the row of a dozen porta potties out beyond the left field wall... :rofl::P:rofl:

For those of you that are out of town and others that are interested, here are the highlights of the ORU Championship game. It has a great view of the play showing the flyout to LF and tagout at the plate for a double play. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing that video, Bogus...outstanding stuff!....love "TheEagleman goatee" on Coach Walton!.... ;)

Glad to get to see Elder's throw home to make the out. I had a wedding to attend on Saturday and left exactly at 2:30, so I missed that play, which occurred JUST after I left JLJ. I was walking to my car, listening on my little radio, and hear Geoff say something to the effect of, "Fly ball to left field, Elder is under it and makes the catch, the runner on third tags up and heads home, Elder's throw to home is . . . . IN TIME!!! Sawyer is out at home!!" There was no one at JLJ more excited by that play!

I'm pleased to see it after hearing Geoff's description. Classic bang-bang play at home.

Wow, another game mysteriously low on score updates from the opponents. Must be a Van Halen concert going on or something

I just don't get this. To my knowledge there are just 3 SDSU fans that visit on here and none have talked smack. In fact 2 of the 3 of us have offered congrats on your tourney win. I offered congrats on Saturday night b/c I knew we wouldn't take 2-in-a-row and b/c I knew I was going to be gone Sunday and Monday. But I know you need to hate me, so, go nuts...

Thanks for sharing that video, Bogus...outstanding stuff!....love "TheEagleman goatee" on Coach Walton!.... ;)

Yes, thank for video.

Great to watch the throw out at home! :up:

Great throw from deep left by Elder but also an outstanding catch and tag by Pickar....that kid is one great defensive catcher!..... :clap:

Great throw from deep left by Elder but also an outstanding catch and tag by Pickar....that kid is one great defensive catcher!..... :clap:

I think Pickar has really matured, or improved, or whatever you want to call it, over the course of the season. He missed some plays just like that earlier in the season. I wrote up a fairly lengthy post on that very subject on Saturday night, but somehow I lost it, and didn't have the energy at that point to re-write it. Bennett made not one but two big-time plays at home plate over the weekend - he also made a similar play in the first game, in the sixth inning, where Stitz, I believe it was, tried to go under the tag. Couldn't tell for sure if Bennett got him or not, but he sold it to the ump, and Stitz was called out, to his boisterous disapproval. Sowers made a very heads-up play from third to get Stitz on his way home.

Two great plays by our freshman catcher that I'm not sure he would have made earlier in the season.