• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• SDSUJacks

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

Yeah...I hope ORU got some $$$ for all this travel....and Florida A&M got wasted by 30+ at Stanford....no reason why we can't win two in Cancun....if Coach Sutton can find a warm body to play point.... :worried:

You can follow all games related to ORU's schedule on the Games of Interest thread. This should make it easier to follow all the Summit League teams and OOC opponent's games.

SDst was up by 20 in the first half today and ended up losing to East Carolina by 5 i think. Gave up a huge run in the 2nd half.

I'm sure we'll hear about it still being a "moral victory", or a great RPI bump, or something like that... |(

SDst was up by 20 in the first half today and ended up losing to East Carolina by 5 i think. Gave up a huge run in the 2nd half.

Are you serious? ECU is terrible!!!

No moral victory here. Ugh. The Purdue and BC losses didn't bother me b/c we gave those two "bigtime" teams (one rated #7 and the other recieving votes) good games. But to lead a team you know you can beat by 20 in the first half and then fall apart....inexcusable. I hope it doesn't shake these kids confidence. We fell apart the last few minutes of the first, the first few of the second and the last few minutes of the game. Denver at home on Saturday is up next....

The league needed SDSU to win that game....

I know, that would've been PAC-10, Mtn West, C-USA already on the Summit bedpost. Dang! :@

We have the WAC, Big Ten and MAC (Nevada, Minnesota and Central Michigan) left as far as major/mid-major conferences go.....unless you count the Sun Belt a mid-major.

TheEagleman's current Fraud Five.....1) SDSU....2) SDSU...3) SDSU....4) SDSU...5) Oakland........and if the Grizz lose tonight, they move up to #4......blowing a 20 pt lead to East Carolina on a neutral floor is embarrassing.....maybe the Jacks were looking forward to hitting the beach bar after the game and lost concentration....would love to hear what the coach said at halftime....ouch!.... :P

Part of me is happy we got up on ECU by 20. A larger part is devastated we p'd it away. I am also happy we gave #7 ORU and top 35 BC good games. For the most part we played more minutes of good basketball than not in the Virgin Islands. Hopefully we beat Denver on Saturday. As you saw on Tuesday, you just never know....

At this time last year the Summit had three DI wins(Oregon, Wichita State, and Troy) and 14 DI losses.

This year we have six DI wins(Stanford, Wyoming, Drake, Eastern Illinois, McNeese State, and Grambling State) and 11 DI losses. So we are ahead of schedule. 7 of the 10 losses are to High-Majors, so I would agree that we are in decent RPI shape right now.

In case you wanted to know this is how the Summit finished in non-conference play last year...

Summary

Home 8-7

Road 14-53

Neutral 10-11

vs High-Major 4-34(we already have 2 this year!)

vs Mid-Major 28-37

Overall 32-71

Here is a new breakdown....

Overall Record....13-23

Overall Record at this time last year....7-28

Record vs Mid-Majors.....12-9

Record vs High-Majors...1-14

I've changed my definition of "High-Major" to the six power conferences plus Memphis and Gonzaga. At some point I'll change it to RPI and ditch all labels.

UGH! SDSU falls to Denver by 3 tonight.

Man, we can pee away games. We were up 6 w/ 5 minutes to go and let Denver, a team that runs a ton of backdoor cuts, get about 8 baskets on backdoor cuts (after defending it great all night!). Pathetic. We have zero intensity and it looks like we just expect to meltdown late in games. We were down 7 late, came back to cut it to 2 and had a true frosh on the line for two shots (he was 4-4 FT's and 4-4 FG's at that point). He misses one of them, Denver hits both of theirs and we miss two three's at the buzzer.

Good news is we played the freshmen alot tonight and they played great (combined 25 pts, 13 rebs, 5 steals and 5 assists out of two of them).

Denver is pretty solid. I watched them play Montana and was impressed. I'd say they'd finish 2nd or 3rd in the Summit this year.

Oh.....and our football team blew a 27 point lead in the 2nd half to the #1 team in the nation in the FCS Playoffs to an undefeated team who is 31-3 the last 5 years. OT will be glad to know that this was a heartbreaking sports day for me. ;(

PATHETIC.......... |(|(|(

The Grizz were the only Summit team to beat a D-1 school tonight and their win didn't appear that impressive by only 8 over Central Arkansas.....IUPUI, SUU, SDSU and UMKC all went down....WIU beat some patsy.....thank the Lord for Centenary who seems to be on a winning streak.... |( .....hopefully, the good guys can win one at UALR on Monday....but the way things have been going lately....... :sweat::sweat::sweat: