Break up the Summit!!!

TrueBlue82

FB, I hear what you're saying, and mostly agree... I think the MWC and Valley are definitely the class of the mid-major conferences. I guess "high mid-major" could be used.

Since 2000, the MWC has had 12 at-large bids, Valley has had 11.

Since 2000, here is a list of at-large bids for 3 power conferences:

ACC- 40

Big Ten- 45

Big East- 52

For the record, i think any time the Summit gets a win over a MWC or Valley team it's huge for the conference for respect and RPI

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• SDSUJacks

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

DePaul actually beat Northern Iowa today at the Paradise Jam. ECU lost to Tennessee by 39. So, unless SDSU can upset Saint Josephs tommorow (or pull the upset of the year against 7-Purdue tonight) we'll be playing ECU or Northen Iowa, very likely ECU. I think we could win that one. That would give the Summit wins over PAC-10, Mtn West and C-USA. I think Oakland could upset one of their elite opponents and I think they should get a win over Horizons UW-Green Bay at home. Could be a nice season for the Summit! How about Oakland playing great all year and then losing to ORU in the Summit finals? If OU were something like 25-7, w/ the schedule they play, the Summit could possibly get two bids....maybe? Ok, I'm done now. :x

Well Jacks, anything can happen in these tournaments but expect BC to edge St. Joe's tonight....that will likely put your SDSU boys in a very winnable game tomorrow...the Hawks are not that good this year....i can see SDSU in the 5th place game on Sunday.... ;)

By the way, Jacks....St. Josephs beat BC tonight by 5....so far, your Jacks are hanging in with 7th ranked Purdue, I see.....down by 3 late in the first half....go SDSU!.... ;)

Geez.....the Jacks and Purdue are tied at 39 at half.....Break up the Summit?...yesssssssss!....gotta root SDSU home here....they must be playing their tails off!.... :clap:....also, IUPUI leads Austin Peay in a tournament down in FL by 15 early second half....Let's go Peay!... :P

Eh...crap....our one true big Cordova picked upo his 4th foul on a one step charge w/ about 10 to go....that has really hurt us. Double digits now. Was a 4 point game w/ 13 to go.

I'm not crying conspiracy but the refs got a little whistle happy on the Jacks in the second half. 10 fouls first 10 minutes. I'm sure they don"t want the lil unknown nobody taking out the tourney darling in the first game.

66-56 Purdue...3:42 to go

Purdue is much bigger and our big Cordova has been on bench alot in the 2nd half and they are only outrebounding us by 1.

Nice job, Jacks....your boys hung in there only losing by 11 to a legit Top Ten team in Purdue....not a bad result but SDSU will have to turn around tomorrow and face an angry Boston College team that lost to St. Joe's tonight....I still think the Jacks can hold their own on the neutral floor...should be a good one!....IUPUI pounded Austin Peay by 14 and IPFW is getting hammered by 25+ at Gonzaga....the Mastadons are clearly overmatched tonight.... :sweat:

Thanks alot! I think/hope tonights game gave our boys even more confidence. They sure seem to have alot right now. Our true frosh PG had a nice night and it's so nice to finally have some decent depth.

It's fun to follow Summit teams isn't it? It's like we're really all one big family, all rooting for each other for what's best for our conference. It's like I have two favorite teams, SDSU and then whoever is playing that night from the Summit. I love that!

Good luck tommorow in a tough game ORU!

Agreed, Jacks....I do find myself rooting for the Summit underdogs in non-conference play...anything to build up the rep of our conference...but when league play starts...don't expect any love here....OT and I can be pretty rough.... :P ....but for now....a truce... |(

Agreed, Jacks....I do find myself rooting for the Summit underdogs in non-conference play...anything to build up the rep of our conference...but when league play starts...don't expect any love here....OT and I can be pretty rough.... :P ....but for now....a truce... |(

Ha ha...okay, a truce. I will stay away from here when it's ORU vs. SDSU time. I know you guys are real focused on payback. And that's good, that's great. Anything to draw interest in our league. Rivalries are great. Hopefully we can improve enough to be a legit league rival for ORU. We've got a ways to go...but hopefully we're at least on the right road.

Don't flatter yourself. |(

Actually, if you think about it, that's not flattery at all. It means that a team that is inferior to you beat you, therefore the next time you meet up you're going to show them their rightful place. It's like the people that get upset when the opposition tears down the goalpost. Man, you have to love that. That means they think enough of you to celebrate beating you. I think Coach Sutton will have the fellas revved up and ready to go for this. Why? Because every good coach, good team seeks out any kind of motivation they can find. I can't wait til we meet up. I hope/expect the passion is great at both places.

Did anyone watch Syracuse take North Carolina apart 87 to 71? The Orangemen are playing good basketball right now and that zone is difficult to penetrate. I take back what I said previously about Oakland having a chance to beat them. Especially given the Grizzlies apparent shooting woes.

Yeah...the Grizz have no shot at Syracuse....hard to believe they lost to Lemoyne....Boeheim must have played his training staff in that one... :D

I think I read where he had the team play man-to-man... to show them the effectiveness of playing their signature zone defense.

Looks like SDSU got "Jacked up" by Boston College tonight...a 17 pt loss.....and Sam Houston St (our first Cancun opponent) is down by 12 with 15 minutes left at Cleveland St.....ORU can beat these guys.... ;)

ORU loses at Virginia by 21, Rider loses at Kentucky by even worse, Sam Houston State is losing by double-digits at mediocre Cleveland State.

Stanford - Florida A&M tips later, but can't imagine the Rattlers will be in much shape to play, either, after traveling three time zones from Cleveland yesterday.

The travel for the mid-major teams in this stinkin' Cancun Challenge is sadistic - none of 'em stood a chance today... :worried: