• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FargoBison

• Old Titan

• s2c

• Hammersmith

UGH!......How soon can we apply to the MVC?....... :|

Cmon on eagleman, I know you are excited about the possibility of a baseball road trip to Grand Forks in early April. Who wouldn't want to spend a day watching baseball at Kraft Field, especially on a 40 degree day with winds hollowing at 20-30 mph.

YZUSDHRVWXIUQQO.20070220210107.jpg

Cmon on eagleman, I know you are excited about the possibility of a baseball road trip to Grand Forks in early April. Who wouldn't want to spend a day watching baseball at Kraft Field, especially on a 40 degree day with winds hollowing at 20-30 mph.

YZUSDHRVWXIUQQO.20070220210107.jpg

And to think that disparaging remarks were made of playing the Summit League tournament at a high school facility in Tulsa.

I can think of a dozen high school baseball facilities in the area that are better than Kraft Field.

Well, there is a very, very real chance that UND will drop baseball before it ever gets into the Summit. UND has 20 sports at the moment and is looking at doubling its athletic budget in the middle of this economic mess. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if baseball and another sport or two found themselves on the chopping block before their DI transition was finished. I could give you a breakdown of UND's pros and cons from a Summit perspective, but I doubt anyone here really cares at the moment(I wouldn't in your position).

I could give you a breakdown of UND's pros and cons from a Summit perspective, but I doubt anyone here really cares at the moment (I wouldn't in your position).

Do tell; I for one would like to know how it would affect ORU.

But beyond that, you're probably right...  :-D

Baseball in Grand Forks....geez.......snow shoes anyone?..... :-P

Well, there is a very, very real chance that UND will drop baseball before it ever gets into the Summit. UND has 20 sports at the moment and is looking at doubling its athletic budget in the middle of this economic mess. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if baseball and another sport or two found themselves on the chopping block before their DI transition was finished. I could give you a breakdown of UND's pros and cons from a Summit perspective, but I doubt anyone here really cares at the moment(I wouldn't in your position).

Please give us the rundown Hammer. I would guess most of us here know little to nothing about UND and what they would bring to the conference table. All I know about them is their hockey program.

ORU GoldenEagle Hockey....now you're talking!......any room for a small rink down near Fred Creek or can Mabee be adapted for ice?..... :-D

So typical that an NDSU fan would come on another board and start disparaging UND.  Like it isn't 40 degrees in Fargo in April, or even May.  NDSU clearly has a great baseball facility, but for July and August. 

I personally think UND should drop baseball, as northern schools have little to no chance at being competitive (even the Big 10 struggles).

Here's a view of UND's facilities:

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&KEY=&ATCLID=736162

If a neutral fan ever took a tour of the four Dakota universities, their athletic facilities, and their campuses, the one that would clearly stand out is UND.  Of course, I'm biased, but UND has been blessed.

Surprising to most, of the four schools, the one with the winningest men's basketball tradition is UND (winning %, and W-L vs other three).  Consider names like Phil Jackson and Bill Fitch.  Even in the past decade, mostly under a coach who best years were in the past, UND had an early second round draft pick. 

Of other Summit sports, women's basketball and swimming are the sports in which UND can excel in.

A few other notes:

UND has more graduates than any of the other four.

UND attendance exceeds 400,000 annually.

UND and Denver are fierce rivals in hockey.  With UND as an addition, hopefully Denver would consider the Summit to replace SUU or Centenary.

From an Oral Roberts perspective, UND athletes have had a high level of participation in Fellowship of Christian athletes and Athletes in Action.  A number of former basketball players are either pastors or have been in the mission field.

So typical that an NDSU fan would come on another board and start disparaging UND.  Like it isn't 40 degrees in Fargo in April, or even May.  NDSU clearly has a great baseball facility, but for July and August. 

I personally think UND should drop baseball, as northern schools have little to no chance at being competitive (even the Big 10 struggles).

Here's a view of UND's facilities:

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&KEY=&ATCLID=736162

If a neutral fan ever took a tour of the four Dakota universities, their athletic facilities, and their campuses, the one that would clearly stand out is UND.  Of course, I'm biased, but UND has been blessed.

Surprising to most, of the four schools, the one with the winningest men's basketball tradition is UND (winning %, and W-L vs other three).  Consider names like Phil Jackson and Bill Fitch.  Even in the past decade, mostly under a coach who best years were in the past, UND had an early second round draft pick. 

Of other Summit sports, women's basketball and swimming are the sports in which UND can excel in.

A few other notes:

UND has more graduates than any of the other four.

UND attendance exceeds 400,000 annually.

UND and Denver are fierce rivals in hockey.  With UND as an addition, hopefully Denver would consider the Summit to replace SUU or Centenary.

From an Oral Roberts perspective, UND athletes have had a high level of participation in Fellowship of Christian athletes and Athletes in Action.  A number of former basketball players are either pastors or have been in the mission field.

Fargo disparaging Grand Forks' weather is kind of funny . . . as in ROTFL :-D. Do either of you guys have spring yet? We still had a few snowflakes falling as late as yesterday :|.

sc2, I hope your application for the Summit League is accepted (assuming, of course, that you have made one). I would absolutely love to come down to Grand Forks to watch you play a game a year against the Golden Eagles. Thanks for the background info.

Disparging UND? I said the truth and never said Fargo had better weather, just a stadium that was a 100 times better. But I'm glad my post gave you the chance to jump in and post your UND infomercial.

I have pushed for UND's admission to the league on this board, while arrogant, they would be a fine addition to the league. 

Disparging UND? I said the truth and never said Fargo had better weather, just a stadium that was a 100 times better. But I'm glad my post gave you the chance to jump in and post your UND informecial.

I have pushed for UND's admission to the league on this board, while arrogant, they would be a fine addition to the league. 

Considering how often the Dakota fans come on here and duke it out, this message board has become reminiscent of that one poor guy's farm in northern Virginia that changed hands so many times during battles between Union and Confederate forces during The Civil War...  :-P

Considering how often the Dakota fans come on here and duke it out, this message board has become reminiscent of that one poor guy's farm in northern Virginia that changed hands so many times during battles between Union and Confederate forces during The Civil War...  :-P

You've got to admit, though, OT, it IS pretty entertaining :lol:!!

Dude, that hockey arena is crazy!  :-o That's on UND's campus?

I'm really interested in knowing the benefit to ORU of the new members, if it's common knowledge that one is planning on dropping baseball... And Denver, if the Summit is looking at them. The conference only seems interested in having enough teams to keep the automatic NCAA bid in baseball and other sports.

Dude, that hockey arena is crazy!  :-o That's on UND's campus?

"The Ralph" is unbelievable.  A few years ago Kansas played there (Roy Williams always played a game in a seniors homestate - Jeff Boschee is from Valley City) and Chris Piper, who played for Kansas, called it, by far, the nicest arena in college athletics.  They also have a smaller Ralph Engelstead Arena and a Alerus Center, a roughly 21,000 seat arena built in 2001 that UND plays football in (seats 14k for football).  All this in a town of about 50,000 people?