• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ron

• bballmangc

• Mike Minyard

• jmg1984

Top Posters In This Topic

Too close...At home against WI? only a 3 point game?  If it was on the road id understand. They better get it together or we will be very disappointed at homecoming.

Lewis hits one of two free throws. 11.6 seconds left. WI time out. This is it. WI comes in with a play for a trey. Can we stop them? This is where we see what our defense is made of!

wouldnt have wanted to have oru's conference steak end against these guys we need more balanced scoring any more opinions from those who saw the game

Beloved Rogers missed every shot he took tonight aside from one free throw. It seems like our shooting is getting worse rather than better. Thank God for Lewis and Jarvis. They came up big when they needed to; not pretty but getting it done.

You've got to hand it to the team for forcing the win by any and all means, but I think we are still officially in a slump!

Sutton says that he doesn't understand why we are playing like a tired ball team. He is giving a lot of credit to WI on forcing their type of game.

Beloved Rogers missed every shot he took tonight aside from one free throw. It seems like our shooting is getting worse rather than better. Thank God for Lewis and Jarvis. They came up big when they needed to; not pretty but getting it done.

only 14 field goals for the entire game.  thank goodness the team got to the line a lot tonight.

If we play like this on Saturday, IUPUI will kill us. Sutton alluded to a difficult game on Saturday. It sounds like he will practice a little harder tomorrow than usual on the Friday before a Saturday game. I'd love to be able to be in on that practice (just watching, not participating) :|!

Can someone tell me why we didn't foul with 10 seconds left and up by 3. Why give them the opportunity to go into OT when you can put them on the line to shoot 1-1. Seemed like a no brainer to me.

10 seconds is way too much time to foul.  There would be at least two more possessions if you started fouling at that point.

We would have found a way to get beat had we fouled. 

Kyron takes a shot at a three with 19 seconds on the shot clock while up by five with less than a minute in the game.  He did that against UALR this season.  He hasn't learned to value the ball.  Tonight he could have reversed the ball and been patient.  He probably would have been just as open later in the possession.

WIU gets the rebound and is fouled.  We end up getting out lucky because he missed the lay-up as he was fouled.  I think he made one of the two free throws.

Kenny picks up a stupid foul in the closing minute of the game.  Just no reason to stop the clock.

We got out lucky with a win.  WIU plays pretty solid defense (or we are just that bad on offense right now) and then they foul Marcus Lewis with about three seconds on the shot clock.    Coach Sutton called a timeout to run a play so I would have fouled Marcus immediately and would have saved about 25 seconds of game time.  They should have fouled Marcus as soon as he touched the ball after the inbound on that possession (about 28 on the shot clock at that point).

I just thought WIU and ORU did a very poor job tonight.  That was just some bad basketball.  It's not the fault of our coaching staff.  Coach Sutton preaches all day long how you must value the basketball and how you must play defense in order to play at ORU.  We just don't have eight guys right now that can do it, and it was noticeable tonight.

I think we have a lot of talent, but we just don't look like we have any bball sav.

But hey... it's a W.  We're not looking for style points right now.  Apparently NDSU is looking for style points.  Those boys are rolling right now!