NDSU Promo(s) on Feb. 28

Mike Minyard

Jarvis and Lewis bobbleheads would be an awesome idea!  Chili cookoff or catered tent event sounds like fun also.  If we go with the chili idea, make sure we have the ventilation system on high for the game or maybe hand out some Febreze at the door.

I also think recognizing the seniors after the last home game, presenting a jersey or something is always pretty cool.  Maybe hand them the mic and give them a chance to say a few words to the fans...promising a trip to the tournament again!!!!

Wonder if we could get someone to make some of those fake dreadlock wigs with a headband (Jarvis night) to handout at the game to the first 1,000.

I'm sure the dreadlock wigs would be a huge hit - I love this idea. Even if they were just for the maniacs to wear....awesome.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike Minyard

• bballmangc

• ORU_Ed

• SOLO_Gold

I'm sure the dreadlock wigs would be a huge hit - I love this idea. Even if they were just for the maniacs to wear....awesome. 

NO no.  I want a dread wig or two or three.  You'd get the whole Redden clan wearing them.....well maybe minus my wife.  She'll just take pictures of us and laugh.   

If not T-shirts how about megaphones like our CC maniac section had during last year's tourney?  They DO help the refs and opposing team hear you quite well :evil:

We HAVE to do the tailgating.  That was amazing.  How about talking to vendors like Back Yard Burger and Chick Fillet to bring out food for those who don't want to grill.  BYB at 71st & mingo is used to having the tourney for the last four years to bring some extra revenue.  They may want a chance to get some of that back.

I had such a good time with the tailgating last year.  Rain, cold and all.  It was a blast hanging with a lot of you. 

Voice needs to be announcing the wear BLUE theme for that game at all three home games leading up to it and I mean more than once a game.  OVER-saturate people's thoughts.

Mabee Center marquee should blast it as well.  Push it at homecoming.  Use the Alumni email blast and the Golden Eagle email blast.  I'm sure there is a way to send it to all students via email as well.  Get the info to all the radio and local TV stations to announce. 

I'm sure most of these ideas have been brought up already, but Whatever we end up doing, I'm excited already for it.

If you hade a sponsor, I could offer a Navy Blue t-shirt, with a 1-color white imprint on the front for $2.99 each...

Just sayin'.

I'd love to go that route, but it would have to be a "white out" again if we were to purchase shirts.

The economy is tough though, and I just don't think we could find the sponsors to do it.  I struggled to find sponsors for our television broadcasts.  Businesses are struggling, and sports marketing isn't priority one with most.

We have limitations with selling shirts at games.  It would have to be through the university book store.  It would be awesome if we could sell the shirts at a couple bucks above cost, and donate the proceeds to a charity.  I just don't know how realistic it is to pull off.

I think we just have to promote the heck out of wearing blue at the game on Feb. 28, and cross our fingers that people participate.

The university uses a large tent for an Employee Appreciation Day event, but I just found out that it costs about $2,000 to rent.  I'd love to have one setup in the parking lot to protect our fans from the elements while tailgating, but it will come down to a money issue again.

I think we have to keep it simple at this point.  Wear blue and tailgate similar to the Bracket Buster game last year.  I'd really like for us to setup the tent, and promote a big time tailgate, but I don't see us coming up with $2,000 for the tent.

It sure would make for a fun day though.

Any chance that we can get a vendor to grill bison burgers in the parking lot?

Great idea, Isbig!  I know they serve bison burgers up there - they could bring their show on the road.

Any chance that we can get a vendor to grill bison burgers in the parking lot?

Hey there's a new idea NOT  :wink:

Bass Pro Shops brand restaurant here in Grapevine, TX (Uncle Buck's co-located at Bass Pro) serves Buffalo Burgers ... and venison sausage! I have the Buffalo Burger every Thursday in taking our pilots to lunch there. From now on, I'm calling it the Bison Burger. ...... and one more thing ... there's a dead Grizzly at the Bass Pro for photos.  Probably from the Oakland forest....

Welcome back Brother Sterns.  I missed you.  And thanks for restaurant tip.  Let's meet there for lunch on March 1st for some Bison Burgers after church.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike are we a definite go for tailgating like last year?

We will do it exactly like last year.  Everyone will kind of be on their own just like if you did something at a NFL game or any other football game.  We'll do it in the same parking lot.

It looks like we'll promote tailgating starting at 4 p.m.  I just have to get it confirmed.

Also, as many laughs I get at MM's expense about selling more tickets and people showing up....I think we ALL need to look in the mirror this week.

We all need to make the extra effort of talking up the importance of the next four games and doing OUR JOB of getting people to the game. If we all pull together, THERE IS NO REASON WHY WE CAN'T FILL THE PLACE! 10,500 next saturday night.

Of course, we still need to focus on the next three games, first. Got to take care of business,,,

Good point, voice.

Mike are we still encouraging people to wear blue or white? I'll do my part in that regard too with or without a formal promotion.