North Carolina Game Thread

ORUTerry

Even though so much of the focus was on Ford last night, Lewis played phenomenally. I'm happy for him because from experience, I know it's not easy to lose all those pounds. I'm sure he realizes that his improved play makes the whole effort worth while. That picture of him rejecting Hansbrough definitely needs to get some special attention. Somebody should blow it up, frame it and give it to him.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• ORUTerry

• ron

• ORUalum

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though so much of the focus was on Ford last night, Lewis played phenomenally. I'm happy for him because from experience, I know it's not easy to lose all those pounds. I'm sure he realizes that his improved play makes the whole effort worth while. That picture of him rejecting Hansbrough definitely needs to get some special attention. Somebody should blow it up, frame it and give it to him.

I chastised Eagleman last night because he complained about the way Lewis played, and I still think he played a very good game, but he DID have six TO's.  Two or three of those were travels, though, the same kind of thing the refs were letting UNC get away with.  I don't think we can hold all of those against him.

TheEagleman agrees that he was probably a bit too hasty in ripping Marcus.....the kid gave in all he had against the best and I was just focusing in on the turnovers....Lewis is a bit like Strap in Hoosiers...don't dribble, just turn and shoot....well, yeah, ML is better than Strap.... :-D

Several of the turnovers (traveling and offensive charges) were questionable to say the least. Lewis was active and was not intimidated. He needs to limit his dribbling but keep his aggression. I look forward to seeing he and Hardy work in tandem with Ford.

I noticed (again) that the pick-and-roll was open almost every time it was employed. Most of the time the pass back to the post player was not made though.

Watched much of the game on Saturday while listening to NDSU play Georgia Southern.  Not a bad effort at all by the Eagles.  Jarvis looked great, when he's on he is phenominal.  The Eagles put up a solid effort vs. a dominant Tar Heel Squad.  Impressed with Hardy, Lewis, and the new guy in Ford.  I think you guys will only get better as the year goes on and Ford is a huge addition in the middle for ya.

See photo gallery 1 picture 6 of 6

What do you want to bet that was called a travel on lewis or a jump ball and not a foul on Hans?

Since Hansborough only had one foul called on him, and that wasn't it, you have to be right, Eddie.

Glad to see that we Eagle fans aren't the only ones seeing quite the discrepancy in how the game is called when playing UNC.

See this link:

http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=7399

Some of the things they are saying about Hansborough having the ability to draw fouls reminds me of what other teams in the Summit League used to say about Caleb Green.  By his senior year Caleb really had developed the ability to exploit foul calls.  Like Hansborough, though, I'm sure some of that was a little star treatment by the officials :wink: . . . 

That's okay, as long as it's OUR star that they're favoring 8-).

Man, I'm not a Tarheel fan, but I didn't see a foul on the Hans - Lewis photo.  Hans had his hands on the ball and lewis was on his knees.    Basic loose ball situation.  Toughest guy wins.

Man, I'm not a Tarheel fan, but I didn't see a foul on the Hans - Lewis photo.  Hans had his hands on the ball and lewis was on his knees.    Basic loose ball situation.  Toughest guy wins.

But wasn't Lewis charged with a foul?

Not to pile on this subject, since we were basically playing an NBA team, BUT.... it did seem like anytime one of their guys set up to try to take an offensive foul, they called it.

The most ridiculous one was in the 2nd half, when Ford tried to catch a pass in stride and lay it in, and a UNC player slides underneath him (not set), while Ford is still looking back, trying to catch the ball. Of course, they call a charge. The camera cuts to Sutton, and he's just shaking his head and kind of laughing... i'm not sure if that was the 5th on him...

That may have been the worst thing I've seen since the one on Shawn King at Oakland.

Also, during the game- Anytime Hansborough scored, touched the ball or passed gas, I really wish that ESPN would have reminded us of how many points he needed to become UNC's all-time leader....oh wait, they did.

Also, during the game- Anytime Hansborough scored, touched the ball or passed gas, I really wish that ESPN would have reminded us of how many points he needed to become UNC's all-time leader....oh wait, they did.

You mean between the stories by Len Elmore about back when HE played?

+1 for bodily function humor

Thanks! Whenever I'm in doubt, I've found its always best to go with a potty joke.

You mean between the stories by Len Elmore about back when HE played?

lol I guess those guys saw this game on the schedule and figured that they should come armed with a lot of filler material  :|

They also said at least twice in response to an obviously "homer" call that that call is not going to make a difference in a game like this.  That really ticked me off.  If you add up the obviously bad calls, the lead is down to the low single digits even before they called off the dogs.