• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• ORUTerry

• ron

• ORUalum

Top Posters In This Topic

UNC took the foot off the gas, but ORU did them self proud by not laying down after the first half.  for a very young team they have nothing to be ashamed of.  at times it was 5 on 8 w/ the horrible officiating.

Does it show respect for Sutton that Roy didn't try to run the score? Save the charity! Visit us at the Mabee Center next year!

I like the Ford-Lewis tandem... Things look good for the rest of the season.

Lewis played his heart out tonight.  Got to love his heart.  But adding Ford to the mix adds a whole new dimension to the team.  I think we'll be in great shape for conference play.

People will probably be talking about this game nationally! No matter how you look at it, the team put up some good numbers against this team!

After today, is it too naive to expect that we will be in the rest of the games that we play this season? I doubt it! 8-)

UNC took the foot off the gas, but ORU did them self proud by not laying down after the first half.  for a very young team they have nothing to be ashamed of.  at times it was 5 on 8 w/ the horrible officiating.

Agreed, alum.

I just got home from helping my church do "Walk through Bethlehem" which was from 6-8pm.  You know, one of those walk through the church events where you make the place like it was in the olden days when Jesus lived.

I wanted to watch the game "live" but taping it was second best.

I think the 100-84 score can make an ORU alum proud considering the team was North Carolina.

TheEagleman just got home after watching the game at a pub in Philly with several friends who are ORU fans because of me....we thoroughly enjoyed the game and for the most part ORU's effort....we played about as well as can be expected against the #1 team in the nation on their home court and against 3 refs who must be charter members of the Dean Smith Fan Club....many absolutely absurd calls or no calls including the no goaltending call in the first half that was beyond ridiculous...but TheEagleman will not whine about officiating.....UNC was not totally on it's game tonight and they got frustrated in the 2nd half...hats off to RJ for a big time performance with 26 on national TV....Stokes also looked very unfreshmanlike and made some nice 3's......Lewis hustles but why do we continue to allow him to dribble?....he can't.....just stay under the basket or pass it as soon as he gets it.....please...it was evident that ORU was not used to that kind of tempo and quickness that UNC brings to the court....that was a big time team we played tonight, my friends and they may well win it all....best team i have watched so far this season....we should not be scared about playing anywhere, anytime now....the boys in blue did not embarrass themselves as even TheEagleman thought they might....they deserve a tip of the hat tonight for a hard fought 16 pt. loss....plus, my buddy had ORU +35 1/2 and won $100..... :-D

Isn't is kind of ironic that ORU and UNC played a game 32 yrs ago almost to the day in Dec. 1976 and the final score of that game was.......................UNC 100  ORU  84 ................... :-P

Isn't is kind of ironic that ORU and UNC played a game 32 yrs ago almost to the day in Dec. 1976 and the final score of that game was.......................UNC 100  ORU  84 ................... :-P

That's a great find, Eagleman!