"Sweat Gold" Billboard Campaign

Old Titan

Caught a glimpse of the new "Sweat Gold" billboard (featuring Robert Jarvis) on northbound 169 this morning, just south of Owasso.

Then, headed south on Peoria from 41st Street, I saw another one on the east side of the street.

Very cool - nice job!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• Mike Minyard

• Golden Boy

• tmh8286

I recall that last year there was an ORU billboard near Verdigris, that was clearly put there to get Rotnei Clarke's attention.

With an ORU billboard being placed in or near Owasso, I guess I'm just wondering if there are any studs from Owasso whose attention we are trying to attract.

Had I realized that that was going to be part of an advertising campaign I may have been a little more inclined to bid on the framed pic at the barbecue  8-) . . .

Had I realized that that was going to be part of an advertising campaign I may have been a little more inclined to bid on the framed pic at the barbecue  8-)

The framed "Sweat Gold" framed at the BBQ sold for $300. We have sold another for the same price. Anyone wanting to place orders can do so.  Framed is $300 and unframed is $235. You can have it autographed or not autographed for the same price. (plus shipping) Unframed is 16x20 and framed it is approximately 19x23.

The same size picture of Andretti that ORUsenior08 had as his signature sold at the auction for $190. You can order one framed for $190 or unframed for $125. (plus shipping) Again, you can get it autographed or not autographed for the same price.

All profits go to the Golden Eagle Club to support ORU basketball.

The framed "Sweat Gold" framed at the BBQ sold for $300. We have sold another for the same price. Anyone wanting to place orders can do so.  Framed is $300 and unframed is $235. You can have it autographed or not autographed for the same price. (plus shipping) Unframed is 16x20 and framed it is approximately 19x23.

The same size picture of Andretti that ORUsenior08 had as his signature sold at the auction for $190. You can order one framed for $190 or unframed for $125. (plus shipping) Again, you can get it autographed or not autographed for the same price.

All profits go to the Golden Eagle Club to support ORU basketball.

Man, those are some impressive selling prices - have to hand it to the folks at the BBQ for ponying up on those silent auction items...  :-D

I know that I'm about to take an beating for this next statement, but here goes anyway...

I am not a big fan of either the tv commercials or the billboard. Sorry.

Let the 'voice bashing' begin.

Let the 'voice bashing' begin.

Like we needed a reason?  :wink:

I like the billboard - it really catches your eye when you drive by one.

I don't care for the TV commercial, either - I liked the high-energy theme of the last couple of years.

voicefighting0029.gif

OTfighting0029.gif

There.  That should just about take care of it.

I liked the "Sweat Gold" pic, but if it went for $300, I think I'll save my money for a Remington original or something :-o!

Well if you think about....sure a Remington original would be nice but come on - here's your chance at the ORU Sweat Gold original print. It might be EVEN be autographed by the artist and RJ himself. Come on....you're not going to get that from a Remy original. To top it all off the money benefits ORU athletics and really.....how much better than that does it get?  :wink:

The billboard is great.  But we know RJ so we appreciate it.  Not sure its effects on drawing non-fans. 

the commericials are nice, but perhaps too nice.  No real intemidation factor. But i do like them.

voicefighting0029.gif

OTfighting0029.gif

There.  That should just about take care of it.

I liked the "Sweat Gold" pic, but if it went for $300, I think I'll save my money for a Remington original or something :-o!

Where did you get the "hammer" smiley?

I like the billboard and the commercial.  The commercial is just a different approach than in the past, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The commercial is definitely better than the one 5 years ago which had Caleb Green being grossed out by eating funky Australian food that Luke had given him.  I don't remember the details of that commercial, but it was probably the worst in recent history.  Most all of the other commercials have been pretty solid.  And this year's, while not intimidating, is creative and humorous.

TheEagleman loves the billboard....when can we expect to see one up here on I-95 in Philly?..... 8-)

Did I mention that I'm a big fan of digital gun control? :-D

Good thing we have the Second Amendment down here :wink:.  As some guy said, you can have my digital gun when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers!

fighting0002.gif