Summit League Championship Tickets on sale

89rabbit

Kangas was on fire in the first half and then ice cold in the second.  Some of his shots going in during that first half were ridiculous.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike Minyard

• 89rabbit

• oruvoice

• ORU Big Brother

Mike, that was the loudest crowd at any ORU game I'd ever been a part of...The way the guys fought back right after halftime was amazing.  Kangas going Ice cold, steals & break away dunks.  That one by Shawn that I think tied it up or was close to it...I thought the walls were coming down...the student white out, the CC crazies on the other end screamin' our heads off...

That was an awesome game with tremendous intensity.  There was such great crowd support, as if the crowd decided that ORU was NOT going to lose that game.  And it meant so much after Oakland had beaten ORU 2 years before on the same court with most of the same people in attendance.

The smaller size of the UMAC and the feeling of a near-sellout crowd added to the drama of the moment with an NCAA bid on the line and a nation-wide ESPN audience.  All were contributing factors to the intensity in the 2nd half of that game.

I think it is unrealistic to expect that type of intensity at this year's Mayor's Cup game, because the stakes are not the same.  But I love the idea that we need to increase the intensity and focus toward this game.  It should mean as much to Tulsa area fans as Louisville vs. Kentucky means to their fans or NC vs. Duke means to their fans. 

Honestly though, in recent years, the crowd for the TU-ORU game has been smaller at the Mabee Center because there were fewer TU fans.  During the last few years of the Phillips era at TU, the fans didn't necessarily expect to win the game, so fewer of them came to the game, and those that were there weren't as intense.

Honestly, the ORU crowd at TU 2 years ago, during Caleb and Ken's senior season, was the most loud and active that I can remember.  There were probably 400-500+ ORU fans mostly sitting together and making a lot of noise, until the wheels came off during the 2nd half.  I honestly think ORU had a better team that year, but in that game, it didn't look like it.  It was like our player's feet were in quicksand.  Honestly, we consistently get bad calls whenever we play TU at the Reynolds Center.  So you have to be playing really well to win that game.

I would love to see 1000+ ORU fans at the Reynolds Center this year doing the same thing as 2 years ago.  With the TU success in the CBI, the Reynolds Center may sellout for the ORU game, which would be a good thing for the rivalry.  TU fans have more confidence in their team now, and they may also suspect that ORU will be down this year, so they may turn out in droves.

By November 1st, I would like to know what Sections ORU fans will be trying to sit in, so that we can buy our tickets to be seated with other ORU fans.

Does anyone else remember that the Maniacs sat in the lower section for the 1st 15 minutes of the TU game 2 years ago, and chanted very loudly until they were forced to move back to their correct seat locations.  It's amazing that there were so many open seats available in the lower level of the Reynolds Center, and it was pretty funny.  I doubt that that many open seats would be available in the lower level now with TU seeming to be on the upswing.  Definitely looking forward to the game.

That was an awesome game with tremendous intensity.  There was such great crowd support, as if the crowd decided that ORU was NOT going to lose that game.  And it meant so much after Oakland had beaten ORU 2 years before on the same court with most of the same people in attendance.

The smaller size of the UMAC and the feeling of a near-sellout crowd added to the drama of the moment with an NCAA bid on the line and a nation-wide ESPN audience.  All were contributing factors to the intensity in the 2nd half of that game.

I think it is unrealistic to expect that type of intensity at this year's Mayor's Cup game, because the stakes are not the same.  But I love the idea that we need to increase the intensity and focus toward this game.  It should mean as much to Tulsa area fans as Louisville vs. Kentucky means to their fans or NC vs. Duke means to their fans. 

Honestly though, in recent years, the crowd for the TU-ORU game has been smaller at the Mabee Center because there were fewer TU fans.  During the last few years of the Phillips era at TU, the fans didn't necessarily expect to win the game, so fewer of them came to the game, and those that were there weren't as intense.

Honestly, the ORU crowd at TU 2 years ago, during Caleb and Ken's senior season, was the most loud and active that I can remember.  There were probably 400-500+ ORU fans mostly sitting together and making a lot of noise, until the wheels came off during the 2nd half.  I honestly think ORU had a better team that year, but in that game, it didn't look like it.  It was like our player's feet were in quicksand.  Honestly, we consistently get bad calls whenever we play TU at the Reynolds Center.  So you have to be playing really well to win that game.

I would love to see 1000+ ORU fans at the Reynolds Center this year doing the same thing as 2 years ago.  With the TU success in the CBI, the Reynolds Center may sellout for the ORU game, which would be a good thing for the rivalry.  TU fans have more confidence in their team now, and they may also suspect that ORU will be down this year, so they may turn out in droves.

By November 1st, I would like to know what Sections ORU fans will be trying to sit in, so that we can have buy our tickets to be seated with other ORU fans.

Does anyone else remember that the Maniacs sat in the lower section for the 1st 15 minutes of the TU game 2 years ago, and chanted very loudly until they were forced to move back to their correct seat locations.  It's amazing that there were so many open seats available in the lower level of the Reynolds Center, and it was pretty funny.  I doubt that that many open seats would be available in the lower level now with TU seeming to be on the upswing.  Definitely looking forward to the game.

What are tickets for the game going for and do ORU students get free tickets?

Ticket prices are around $15 to $40 each depending on location. Absolutely NO free tickets for ORU students. A lot of Maniacs have purchased tickets with their membership dues.

Our fans will receive ticket info with their season tickets. I will also send out a campus email before Nov. 1 to let everyone on campus know how and when to buy tickets.

Ticket prices are around $15 to $40 each depending on location. Absolutely NO free tickets for ORU students. A lot of Maniacs have purchased tickets with their membership dues.

Our fans will receive ticket info with their season tickets. I will also send out a campus email before Nov. 1 to let everyone on campus know how and when to buy tickets.

Thanks for the info, Mike. Follow-up question: How much are the membership dues for the Maniacs?

It would financially be worth people's while to become a maniac just for the ticket! Go Maniacs! How about a trial Maniac membership? If you don't like it after the Mayor's Cup, you get five bucks back.

Everyone should be a Maniac! Thanks for carrying the torch, guys. (I still think you need Eagle shriek noisemakers.)

$25 with a $19 TU ticket or $15 with no ticket

Mike, great idea on the membership with the ticket.  Sometimes the biggest reason students don't go to the TU game at the Reynolds center is that they don't have tickets and don't want to buy them at the gate on gameday. 

Maybe something can be done to sell TU game tickets to non-maniac students on campus the day of the game also?