Summit League Championship Tickets on sale

89rabbit

Ordered mine today!

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080827/SPORTS0202/808270333/1002/sports

Summit tourney tickets for sale Thursday

Terry Vandrovec • tvandrovec@argusleader.com • August 27, 2008

All-session passes for the 2009 Summit League basketball tournament will go on sale Thursday at 10 a.m. at the Arena box office, and event organizers hope that single-game tickets never hit the market.

Mike Sullivan, executive director of the Sioux Falls Sports Authority, said that about 4,000 seats will be up for grabs for the March 7-10 event, with the rest saved for participating schools and corporate sponsors.

All-session tickets will cost $90 for reserved seats and $75 for general admission, and are good for all 14 men's and women's games at the 16-team tournament, a qualifier for the NCAA Division I championships.

Single-game passes will be made available sometime in early 2009 - still well before the fields are set - only if the venue is not yet sold out.

"If you want to make sure you see your team, and you want to make sure you get into the game, you need an all-session ticket," Sullivan said. "Because there's a distinct possibility there will be no single-game tickets available."  .  .  .  (read more)

Go State!  :-D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike Minyard

• 89rabbit

• oruvoice

• ORU_Ed

http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3900&ATCLID=1570040

HYJDJWDCYIFIVKL.20080827205033.jpg

Summit League Basketball Tournament Tickets Now On Sale

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. -- The Sioux Falls Sports Authority announced today that all-session tickets for the 2009 Summit League Basketball Tournament will go on sale Thursday, Aug. 28, 2008 at the Sioux Falls Arena box office and all Ticketmaster outlets. Prices for the all-session tickets, which include tickets for every game of the men’s and women’s tournament, will be $90.00 for reserved seats in the lower level and $75.00 for general admission seats in the upper level. A service fee will be placed on tickets not purchased at the Sioux Falls Arena box office.  .  .  . (read more) 

http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3900&ATCLID=1570040

Summit League Basketball Tournament Tickets Now On Sale

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. -- The Sioux Falls Sports Authority announced today that all-session tickets for the 2009 Summit League Basketball Tournament will go on sale Thursday, Aug. 28, 2008 at the Sioux Falls Arena box office and all Ticketmaster outlets. Prices for the all-session tickets, which include tickets for every game of the men’s and women’s tournament, will be $90.00 for reserved seats in the lower level and $75.00 for general admission seats in the upper level. A service fee will be placed on tickets not purchased at the Sioux Falls Arena box office.  .  .  . (read more) 

Sure hope you guys make it...

Interesting logo for the Summit League championship:

Looks like a manhole cover, opening up over a sewer drain.

Or, is that supposed to be a rabbit hole?  :-P

Interesting logo for the Summit League championship:

Looks like a manhole cover, opening up over a sewer drain.

Or, is that supposed to be a rabbit hole?  :-P

Interesting or just ugly?

I believe Ugly is the correct answer.

Poor job...

It IS a manhole cover....horrendous!.....but i am sure that the people up in Sioux Falls will put on a great show in front of a packed house!..... 8-)

That's a classic, ORUBB.  We had LOT'S of fun with it.  Didn't they put that out the year or so before they were going to change the league name/logo, and we decided that they didn't want to "waste" too much effort on it?  We knew that a change was in the works, and that was what we got.  What a joke!

That's a classic, ORUBB.  We had LOT'S of fun with it.  Didn't they put that out the year or so before they were going to change the league name/logo, and we decided that they didn't want to "waste" too much effort on it?  We knew that a change was in the works, and that was what we got.  What a joke!

The conference really does have a history of terrible logos.  At least the tournament in Tulsa had a decent logo.  The new Summit League logo is pretty bad in my opinion.  Just looks like some clip art.  I saw a design of a logo submitted by a local person, and I thought it was really good.  Unfortunately they went a different direction.  The logo had the M's in Summit look like a mountain with snow on the peaks.  It was very creative, marketing friendly, and wearable on clothes.  You would have to pay me to wear the current Summit logo... and even Eli.  But that's a dead horse issue.

Prices for the all-session tickets, which include tickets for every game of the men’s and women’s tournament, will be $90.00 for reserved seats in the lower level and $75.00 for general admission seats in the upper level. A service fee will be placed on tickets not purchased at the Sioux Falls Arena box office

Are you kidding??

The league made money for the first time in a long time when it was in Tulsa and the all session passes were only $50 and only $35 with a group of 25 or more which I know many of us took advantage of over the last two years in our north endline rowdy section.

That's a lot of money.  You know they are wanting to get as much money up front from the SDSU locals b/c if they happen to get knocked out of the tourney early they will sure be hurting for fan support.

I agree with you voice.  The price is right.  Tickets to the Summit League Tournament and ORU games are cheap after you look at what tickets cost of concerts and other basketball programs.  Just look at the money people dropped this weekend to go to football games.  By the time you add up tickets, parking, gas, tailgating supplies, etc.  Easily $300+.  I'm not going to complain about the Summit League Tournament prices.

You could argue that the ticket prices could have been higher in Tulsa, and the same amount of people still would have shown up.  I would expect ticket prices to almost double next time it is in Tulsa.

$75 or $90 is not a ton of $$ but inflation is not 50% + per year.  That's what I'm saying. 

And I know of the 80 or so tickets that ORUIsbig sold as a part of the large group on the north endline, it would have been half of that at $75+

When you have families buying 4-8 all session passes for their entire family, all of a sudden you buy 2-4 and the kids can trade off.  $140 vs $300 IS a difference.