• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Texasgrip

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• SOLO_Gold

Tulsa in overtime with UTEP. Second overtime in two days. I hope they can pull it out, but their overtime record isnt the greatest.

Hey, guys - whether we like it or not, TU is for real.  They have to be one of the most improved teams in the country the second half of the season.  Jordan is getting better exponentially with each outing.  I'm still no huge Uzoh fan, but the others around him such as Reese and Wheatley just keep getting better.  Memphis may run them off the floor due to simple exhaustion, but the fact they made the finals is impressive - if they had only finished higher in the regular season, they would be a legitimate bubble team.  As it is, how can the NIT pass on them with 20 wins?  TU vs. OSU in Stillwater would be AWESOME!

Hey, guys - whether we like it or not, TU is for real.  They have to be one of the most improved teams in the country the second half of the season.  Jordan is getting better exponentially with each outing.  I'm still no huge Uzoh fan, but the others around him such as Reese and Wheatley just keep getting better.  Memphis may run them off the floor due to simple exhaustion, but the fact they made the finals is impressive - if they had only finished higher in the regular season, they would be a legitimate bubble team.  As it is, how can the NIT pass on them with 20 wins?  TU vs. OSU in Stillwater would be AWESOME!

Why not TU v. OSU in the Mabee Center?  We kept the arena available this week just for NIT considerations.

Why not TU v. OSU in the Mabee Center?  We kept the arena available this week just for NIT considerations.

I don't think OSU will agree to play TU anywhere but Stillwater, if they would agree at all.

With the win over UTEP, TU breaks the top 100 with a #95 RPI.  Good job by TU.  I wouldn't be surprised to see that go up even more tomorrow, regardless of the outcome.

I wouldn't jump on the TU train quite yet. They made a lot of stupid mistakes in that game. They should have won it in regulation. If that's the play Doug called up at the end of regulation he needs to go back to coaching school because he definitely came up short with it.

I don't think OSU will agree to play TU anywhere but Stillwater, if they would agree at all.

If those are the cards dealt OSU and Holder is calling the shots, I would think anything is possible.  It could be better than playing Tulsa on their own court in the ReyDon and have a better crowd than a deserted Stillwater, while appeasing the OSU alums/regents in Tulsa.

I wouldn't jump on the TU train quite yet. They made a lot of stupid mistakes in that game. They should have won it in regulation. If that's the play Doug called up at the end of regulation he needs to go back to coaching school because he definitely came up short with it.

They need all the encouragement that they can get.  They benefit us when they win against anyone or when they lose to a top 3 team.

If those are the cards dealt OSU and Holder is calling the shots, I would think anything is possible.  It could be better than playing Tulsa on their own court in the ReyDon and have a better crowd than a deserted Stillwater, while appeasing the OSU alums/regents in Tulsa.

You're bound to have a pretty good crowd either place, because the visitor's fans wouldn't want to miss the chance to desecrate the other's gym with a road win.  :wink:

I always thought that the first round of games for the NIT were played on one of the participating schools home court. Is that not the case?

Congrats to TU on their win, and good luck against Memphis. Of all the people on this board, I think I have to dislike anything TU the most, but I agree that they have improved tremendously from the start of the season. I still don't think they are ready to beat Memphis even if they had a day to rest. That is no knock on TU. It's just that Memphis is really that good, but I do agree that getting to the C-USA Championship game is a huge accomplishment. That along with RPI below 100 and 20 wins should be enough to an NIT bid on Sunday.

ORU up to 51 after the Aggies beat K. State...

...another miracle or two and we'll break 50!

The other wins that helped: Tulsa, Texas and Arkansas. We should get a bump tomorrow from Tulsa because of their game against Memphis - which will increase their RPI from 96 whether they win or lose (likely).

Makes you wonder where winning at IUPUI and against Creighton would  have put us - literally in at-large territory, I believe.

Makes you wonder where winning at IUPUI and against Creighton would  have put us - literally in at-large territory, I believe.

I'm sure Barry Hinson might would definitely beyond a shadow of a doubt think differenty!