• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Texasgrip

• ORUTerry

• Bogus Smith

• SOLO_Gold

Guys, keep in mind that we didn't necessarily go DOWN, someone else may have move UP ahead of us!  It is a very fluid system THAT ISN'T AS INTUITIVE AS MANY SEEM TO THINK IT IS!

UTEP is ahead of Houston (54 to 47) with 11 minutes to go..... (future TU opponent)

UTEP won, TU is looking good to make the finals, although not sure a win over UTEP and a loss to memphis will get them sub-100.

UTEP won, TU is looking good to make the finals, although not sure a win over UTEP and a loss to memphis will get them sub-100.

I think it might... I'd sure like to find out!

I think it might... I'd sure like to find out!

We'll see!! Tough scheduling... TU plays tomorrow night at 6pm so would end at 8pm, then has to play again at 1030am on Saturday.

Utah State is beating San Jose State in the second half (17:49 remaining) - 43 to 31.

In other results that could affect ORU:

Dayton loses

Villinova loses

UAB loses (to TU)

Baylor loses (to Colorado)

This could burst the bubble for these teams....

Yeah I'm pulling for them - this is great news for ORU

Hey and if they DID beat memphis that would help us out tons and confirm what I think Memphis will do in the tournament.

BASKETBALL2.jpg

We want TU and OSU to win as many games as possible without actually winning their tournaments and adding an unwelcome guest at the dance.

As for the local publicity, let TU have their day - they earned it, and they did us a favor by bouncing UAB from the NCAA discussion.  We had our turn last week...  :-)

We want TU and OSU to win as many games as possible without actually winning their tournaments and adding an unwelcome guest at the dance.

As for the local publicity, let TU have their day - they earned it, and they did us a favor by bouncing UAB from the NCAA discussion.  We had our turn last week... 

You bring up an interesting question.  While it is highly unlikely that either TU or OSU would win their conference tournaments, if they did, their RPIs would still be worse than ours.  Do you think they would give TU or OSU a better seed than ORU?

Would TU get a 12-seed because they beat Memphis and they are from Conference USA?

Would OSU get a 12-seed or the dreaded 8-9 seed because they would have probably beaten Texas and Kansas?

We'll see!! Tough scheduling... TU plays tomorrow night at 6pm so would end at 8pm, then has to play again at 1030am on Saturday.

With eight sholarship players.  :| I think we can take el UTEPo, but that Saturday game is vicious.

I'm hoping So Miss finds a way against Memphis.  They played 'em close for awhile a few weeks back. 

I would not want to play late and then wake up early and play freakin Memphis! That is a terrible schedule!

Tulsa is playing their best right now so maybe they can pull it off.

They should be in good shape for next year if the point guard they got is as good as advertised.

We can't get much worse at the point.  I don't know how we only got out of the game with 10 turnovers yesterday.  The turnovers made up for how poor our guards played.

Oh yeah . . . that guy.

I swear, teams started letting him open this year because he's so goofy at times.  He'll miss shots off the bottom of the rim, which is amazing since it's not like his head is all that far from the rim.  Last time we played UAB, he also had a big game, but he still had his obligatory four bad shots and five turnovers, all the while Vaden draining threes on the other side.  He's turned a corner, to say the least.