Utah State Game

tmh8286

Waiting for the stats to come in....

Lucky us... seems we got homered (by the refs) twice by the same team in the same season. I saw the first game and only listened to the second - but how do you call a reach-in foul 30 feet from the basket with only seconds left in the game?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• TrueBlue82

• EagleFanatic

• orumom

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like we definitely got homered!! :x

Bottom line though, if we don't shoot 23% in the 1st half, and shoot more like 46% for the half...we win by 10 tonight! The refs can call whatever game they want if we take care of business from the floor.

We did our job on the boards! 43 to 30! That's strong!!! I'm really happy about the 2nd half...it gives me a lot of excitement about going down to the game next week!

I just hope this team can start putting 2 strong half's together and play some smart-looking basketball! :idea:

Interesting post about the ORU on the Utah State message board; some over there are upset that ORU almost pulled out the win after being down by 16 at half-time:

SeldonSeenSmith, you're not giving ORU enough credit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oral Roberts is a very good team and having already played the Aggies this year, this was very much like a league game. One thing to remember above all else is that a win is a win, regardless of if it is a 20 point win or a 1 point win. You seem to be reacting like the Aggies lost this game tonight instead of enjoying a good win over a very good ORU team.

Some points to consider, Caleb Green is a returning All American. The only other team we will play this year with a returning all American is Nevada. Green is also the returning Mid-Con player of the year. I'm sure you will say the Mid-Con is a chump conference and the player of the year honor in that league doesn't mean much. Let me ask you this question...Have you thought the player of the year in the Big West were historically good players?

Jerry Green, Miah Davis, David Doubley, do those names ring a bell? They were all player of the year in the big west and none of them every were All American's.

Last year, the Big West was ranked 19th overall in RPI and the Mid-Continent was ranked 21st. Not that much of a difference, except for the fact that they were ranked lower and still managed to have an All American on their team.

In 2004, the Big West was 18th and the Mid-Con was 20th. Very similar conferences and we know that the Big West had some good teams each year, mainly Pacific and Irvine. Would you think a 1 point win over Pacific last year would have been a good win? Considering we lost both regular season games to them, I think ANY Aggie fan would have loved a 1 point win over Pacific. Well, Oral Roberts is the Pacific of the Mid-Con conference. They were the top of their league last year and will be again this year. They will be playing in the post season for sure.

Check out the caliber of All American type players, "Green was joined on the AP honorable mention team by the likes of UConn's Josh Boone, Vermont's Taylor Coppenrath, Marquette's Travis Diener, Boston College's Jared Dudley, Arizona's Channing Frye, Louisville's Francisco Garcia, Kentucky's Chuck Hayes, Georgia Tech's Jarrett Jack, Oklahoma State's John Lucas III, North Carolina's Rashad McCants, Mississippi State's Lawrence Roberts, and Gonzaga's Ronny Turiaf."

Pretty impressive company there for Caleb Green. 4 first round NBA draft picks and 2 second rounders. Several of those other guys are still in college and are going to be high NBA picks this year.

We also got to see Ken Tutt in action tonight. He is going to be an all league player and is a very good shooter.

I could go on and on, but it isn't going to change your mind. The Aggies are making progress. When was the last time we won a 1 point game? You have to go back 2 years to Feb 19th, 2004 to find a 1 point win. How about a 1 point loss? Well, those are much more easy to find on our schedule. The fact is we WON THIS GAME and we could have easily lost it, so I find this to be extremely positive. PAK stepped up and made the biggest foul shots of his life.