• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• ORUTerry

• ORU_Ed

• Old Titan

Interesting look at how RPI changes daily now that we are in conference play. Our win today dropped us to #69 and the SOS plummeted more than 50 spots to 108th

Nice RPI bump coming with today's win - up to #57.  Ahead of ex-nemisis Valpo for the first time this season - but that was before their win over Wisconsin - Green Bay was figured in.  I guess that could change before the end of the evening. 

What are the chances that we could be in the top 50 RPI at some point this season. I believe that was Doug Wojicks promise to the TU faithful this year. I would love to see Scott reach that goal. Especially in the year after Ken and Caleb. Maybe now people will realize that we have a terrific staff. I would even go as far as saying that they are the best staff in the state at evaluating and developing talent.

Maybe now people will realize that we have a terrific staff. I would even go as far as saying that they are the best staff in the state at evaluating and developing talent.

It sure seems that at "evaluating and developing talent" the ORU staff is near the top!

It's great to watch what's happening with the Golden Eagles in all sports  :-)

What are the chances that we could be in the top 50 RPI at some point this season?

They're better this AM, VCB!  RealTimeRPI still has us neck and neck with Valpo, but moved up seven notches:

ORU #60, Valpo #59 (last Valpo reference, I promise!)

They're better this AM, VCB!   RealTimeRPI still has us neck and neck with Valpo, but moved up seven notches:

ORU #60, Valpo #59 (last Valpo reference, I promise!)

Don't make promises you can't keep, TH!

Don't make promises you can't keep, TH!

Old rivalries die hard, and after all these years of doing battle with our Indiana brethren, I find it difficult not to be watching their progress out of the corner of my eye.  I think they're the same way - ORU references are not yet a rarity on their board, either!

...rpiforecast.com has our projected year end rpi up to 77.

Conference: Sum

Expected RPI: 77.3

Current RPI: 60

Expected SOS: 185

Current Record: 9-5

Expected Record: 19-8

Current Conf Record: 5-0

Expected Conf Record: 15-3

Expected Record vs RPI 1-25: 0-2

Expected Record vs RPI 26-50: 0-1

Expected Record vs RPI 51-100: 1-2

Expected Record vs RPI 101-200: 5-1

Expected Record vs RPI 200+: 12-2

Current OOC Record: 4-5

Expected OOC Record: 4-5

Expected OOC RPI: 107

Expected OOC SOS: 58

link:

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Oral%20Roberts.html

Just to show how "all over the board" the rating services can be, at www.kenprom.com/rpi, you have ORU at #60 (as mentioned before) and IUPUI at 108; however, under the Pomeroy rating (www.kenpom.com/rate.php), IUPUI is 70 while ORU is a blotted 89.  I'm sure that TMH understands the rating system much better than me.  The Sagarin (sp?) rating may have even a different picture of where these two teams stand.  Regardless, Thursday night should be a fun and entertaining night of basketball in Tulsa.

...rpiforecast.com has our projected year end rpi up to 77.

Conference: Sum

Expected RPI: 77.3

Current RPI: 60

Expected SOS: 185

Current Record: 9-5

Expected Record: 19-8

Current Conf Record: 5-0

Expected Conf Record: 15-3

Expected Record vs RPI 1-25: 0-2

Expected Record vs RPI 26-50: 0-1

Expected Record vs RPI 51-100: 1-2

Expected Record vs RPI 101-200: 5-1

Expected Record vs RPI 200+: 12-2

Current OOC Record: 4-5

Expected OOC Record: 4-5

Expected OOC RPI: 107

Expected OOC SOS: 58

link:

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Oral%20Roberts.html

If this is true, they are expecting us to end the season with a 15-3 league record (losing to IUPUI twice and NDSU at the end of the season - it doesn't address the Bracket Buster game).  This would also give us a 20-8 record going into the League tournament (they're not counting the SWOSU game).  We would need to win at least two games in the Leaue tournament to be considered for an NIT at-large bid (assuming that 15-3 didn't win the League and the automatic NIT bid for the Summit League).  A RPI of 77 is not going to get us a look at anything after the post-season League tournament unless we make some noise on February 23 or beat IUPUI at least once.

If this is true, they are expecting us to end the season with a 15-3 league record (losing to IUPUI twice and NDSU at the end of the season - it doesn't address the Bracket Buster game).  This would also give us a 20-8 record going into the League tournament (they're not counting the SWOSU game).  We would need to win at least two games in the Leaue tournament to be considered for an NIT at-large bid (assuming that 15-3 didn't win the League and the automatic NIT bid for the Summit League).  A RPI of 77 is not going to get us a look at anything after the post-season League tournament unless we make some noise on February 23 or beat IUPUI at least once.

Interesting analysis.  Fun to read.  If this is true then Thursday night is a big game.  I'll be listening in.  Wish I was there at the Mabee Center.

Sitting at 59 today thanks largely to Pitt's upset of Georgtown last night.  Opponent's (OSU) Opponents' (Pitt) winning percentage.

Can anyone remember when we were in the 50s in mid-Jan?

Winning Thurs against IUPUI with their impressive winning percentage will boost us even more.

Sitting at 59 today thanks largely to Pitt's upset of Georgtown last night.  Opponent's (OSU) Opponents' (Pitt) winning percentage.

Can anyone remember when we were in the 50s in mid-Jan?

Winning Thurs against IUPUI with their impressive winning percentage will boost us even more.

We're winning the games we're suppose to win which makes all the difference, then when you throw in nice wins over Tulsa and Oklahoma State (which will both continue to help our RPI as they0 successfully compete in their respective conferences).  Only "bad" loss was to Texas A&M CC (and that was a BAD loss), but we're overcoming that by doing what we're suppose to do and that's avoiding any additional "bad" losses.  Nice to see and should translate to a higher NCAA tournament seed if we three-peat as conference tournament champions.

We're winning the games we're suppose to win which makes all the difference, then when you throw in nice wins over Tulsa and Oklahoma State (which will both continue to help our RPI as they0 successfully compete in their respective conferences).

RPI slips to 65 today as Tulsa, Texas A&M, and OSU all lose conference games the last couple of nights.

Between this and the slumping Dow, it's been a helpless couple of days watching the "ticker"... :|

...nice little bump after the win tonight on realtimerpi....up to 58

51  Notre Dame 

52  Sam Houston St. 

53  Temple 

54  Ohio 

55  Connecticut   

56  Cleveland St.   

57  California   

58  Oral Roberts   

59  Kansas St.   

60  Texas Tech 

61  Valparaiso