• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• ORUalum

• Dr. Cornelius

• ORUTerry

so i thought these two guys were the biggest nerds ever until i watched the two guys that did the fifteen years later remake.  somebody put the two videos side-by-side and it is disturbing how close these "grown men" got to the original.  some people have way too much time on their hands.

CROSSROADS - hot guitar licks.  Setup:  I've not seen this movie, but was told about it this weekend.  I understand this to be a movie adaptation of the old song, "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by Charlie Daniels, although in this case the "Johnny" character plays electric guitar instead of fiddle.

For any of you old rockers out there, the "devil" character is played by Steve Vai, who wrote and performed the final piece "played" by the Ralph Macchio character that won the competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0QKbnCDW94&eurl=http://navclient.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?synd=navclient&oe=utf8&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.google.com%2fig%2fmodul

CROSSROADS - hot guitar licks.  Setup:  I've not seen this movie, but was told about it this weekend.  I understand this to be a movie adaptation of the old song, "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by Charlie Daniels, although in this case the "Johnny" character plays electric guitar instead of fiddle.

For any of you old rockers out there, the "devil" character is played by Steve Vai, who wrote and performed the final piece "played" by the Ralph Macchio character that won the competition.

when does ralph macchio not win the competition?  clearly the devil should have swept the leg.

tourn3.jpg

Talk about having too much time on your hands.....

That was my thought exactly, Terry. 

Take 10,000 shots on video, and one goes in, you've got one amazing clip on your hands . . .

That was my thought exactly, Terry. 

Take 10,000 shots on video, and one goes in, you've got one amazing clip on your hands . . .

there's also a creepiness factor to the video...a grown man hanging out in school gyms practicing stupid shots to impress little kids just doesn't seem quite right.

had this link emailed to me...i think it might be a little old so you may have already seen it, but it's pretty cool.

sony bouncy ball commercial -- jose gonzalez - heartbeats

there's also a creepiness factor to the video...a grown man hanging out in school gyms practicing stupid shots to impress little kids just doesn't seem quite right.

Not the greatest web page ever created, but it DOES tell a little more about Tim Nolan.

had this link emailed to me...i think it might be a little old so you may have already seen it, but it's pretty cool.

sony bouncy ball commercial -- jose gonzalez - heartbeats

That commercial made me think of two things -

Those little balls are like radio waves, bouncing all around us - only radio waves are invisible.

Who got to clean up after filming was over???

Not the greatest web page ever created, but it DOES tell a little more about Tim Nolan.

one look at the guy's picture and i stand by my original statement...

That commercial made me think of two things -

Those little balls are like radio waves, bouncing all around us - only radio waves are invisible.

Who got to clean up after filming was over???

i have to admit i was not a big fan of my marketing class at ORU, but this is kinda interesting...deals w/the marketing concept and also how they made the ad.

Sony Bravia Ad - Making Of

VERY interesting!  Now I need to watch the original commercial again.

I'd be SHOCKED if there weren't some dented cars left in the wake of that onslaught of color.