• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• ORUalum

• Dr. Cornelius

• ORUTerry

There's a longer version of this show on YouTube where they talk about what they're drinking, how much they're drinking, when they're drinking, etc, etc.

I read a book about John Wayne that started with John Wayne and the author in the Green Room of the Tonight Show. With the author trying to match JW drink for drink while they waited, he got so drunk he couldn't stand up; meanwhile, JW went out, did the show, came back in and practically carried the author to JW's car, drove him home, and the next morning called him first thing, telling the guy he was already at his office and was wondering where the author was. JW was ready to get on with his day. Apparently he had an amazing capacity for alcohol.

In those days I think a lot of his guests were feeling pretty loose by the time they got on stage - probably is still that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Come Olympics time, I hope to be adding a little video of my own to this board. :rock: Here's hoping this comment doesn't come back to bite me in my hind quarters. :worried:

Come Olympics time, I hope to be adding a little video of my own to this board. :rock: Here's hoping this comment doesn't come back to bite me in my hind quarters. :worried:

I will also be cheering for Team Canada ron! The Russian team looks strong with Malkin & Ovechkin though.

I will also be cheering for Team Canada ron! The Russian team looks strong with Malkin & Ovechkin though.

We've got the biggest discussion up here about the guys that weren't selected to play. If we don't win gold, everybody has a reason lined up why that might be, but even though Malkin and Ovechkin are dominating players, they are not the reasons that everyone is talking about. For this sport (and this sport alone), we have an overabundance of talent. What we need is a coach that is up to the challenge of molding these guys into a team. The coach is the biggest variable in this equation. We have historically made weird coaching decisions in the quest for Olympic gold. It's great that you have opted for peace at home though and are cheering for Canada! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's with the "How the West was Won" music as he puts his arm through the glass??? A little high drama there.

Also, right at the very end of the video did you see the military types sitting right on the front row? I guess they control everything over there.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you oldtimers will remember the group Mustard Seed Faith from the 70's (is there a better song than

) - Oden Fong was the leader of the group. Oden is still ministering after all these years, and I found a video of him giving his testimony on YouTube. It's pretty interesting. I thought while things are kind of slow on the board some might enjoy seeing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiYvfxtrdaM&feature=related