Favorite YouTube Videos

tmh8286

I apologize for the rough language, but I thought this clip from a British TV show was funny and catches the pretension of current liberals/leftists. They are the establishment but deny it and pretend they are revolutionaries - when they are actually reactionary. They are so funny - and scary too!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• ORUalum

• Dr. Cornelius

• ORUTerry

Number 15 needs some anger management sessions:

Agressive play is one thing - being downright unsportsmanlike is another.

I guess she's earned her reputation - highlighted on ESPN.

Elizabeth Lambert - I hope she enjoys her moment of fame.

That ending reminds me of the ORU meltdown with fourteen seconds left against Memphis in January of 1987. This has been posted before, but it's still interesting viewing. I'd have to say the officiating in the final seconds of this game is MORE than suspect:

The funniest/sad part of that Barton-Winona St. championship game is during the celebration, an excited Barton player takes off his jersey and throws it in the air...and it lands on the head of a dejected Winona player. You can kind of see him take it off his head at the end

Never saw that ORU-Memphis clip before....ouch!..... :o

Never saw that ORU-Memphis clip before....ouch!..... :o

It was even more painful seeing it live. Could not believe what was unfolding before our eyes. The crowd was very silent walking out that night. :puke::fubar:

That was an incredible last 14 seconds, Bogus...TheEagleman was out of touch with ORU basketball for a few years in the late 80's and early 90's and had never even heard of that one....it must have been a nightmare to be there....i guess we weren't that good in 1987..... :?:

Just watched it again and it hurt just as much watching it the 2nd time....hey Bogus, just wondering...when did ORU switch benches to the other end....when TheEagleman was a student, the home team was on the right of the TV screen and now we are down the the left....I guess sometime in the 80's?.... :|

Just watched it again and it hurt just as much watching it the 2nd time....hey Bogus, just wondering...when did ORU switch benches to the other end....when TheEagleman was a student, the home team was on the right of the TV screen and now we are down the the left....I guess sometime in the 80's?.... :|

Others might remember better, but I believe it was Barry Hinson that switched ends. I think the team had been struggling, and he wanted to try something mixing thing up to see if he could get things going the right direction. The home team has been on the left end ever since.

It was during the Owens period that the bench moved away from the band and to the left of the scorers table as I remember it. It was too difficult for the coach to communicate with his team at the time outs and the thought was that it would be better for the visiting team to yell at their team at the top of their lungs than the home team!! Then they put a microphone on the band and the rest is history. :D It's possible that Trickey went back to the other end of the court during his second tenure in the late-80's - early 90's. I can't remember much about the NAIA period except for Clarance Thompson (after moving down to NAIA) and Greg Sutton (who could shoot lights out).

That was during the KU-era of ORU basketball. Owens was the first (and I believe the only) coach that Oral attended the announcement of his hiring. He was heralded as the coach that would take ORU back to the Summit of basketball. I guess, indirectly, he did after going through the dessert, huh?? A lot of these guys are still around Tulsa still. I saw Ted recently at the grocery store, some of the athletic staff, like Dave Bennett, is seen from time-to-time. I miss ol' Dave Prichett. That guy could recruit, but he was a case! I think oruvoice remembers him.

The Memphis State (as they were known then) game was a tough loss. We had several players from that team that ended up playing in Europe: Maurice Smith, Kendall Mack and Brian Miles to name a few. There was a player on our team that ended up moving to Memphis several years after finishing his professional playing career. He was working out one day and one of the MSU players from this game comes in and they recognize each other and the first thing they talk about is THE game! It was a game that no one could/would forget!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This isn't really a favorite, although it's extremely well done.

I just wanted to post it for awareness:

Interesting. I assume that this is refering to the upcoming Martin Luther King day.

Yes, we are holding a prayer solemn assembly on the 17th, then doing a silent march and press conference on MLK Day.